Training Notes: Wednesday 13th February

Yep. Though the training sessions seem to replicate actual game time (and always have) one thing that’s changed is that the breaks in between have lessened. These guys are pounding it for a quarter, then taking a drink for 5, then back at it again - and it’s only getting harder as we draw closer.

Keep in mind though, that just like ladder placement - how you run out a game vs the opposition is more important than how ‘fit’ you are - if you get my meaning. You need to beat your opponent, not just ‘be great’.

1 Like

Were they installing some?

We had them at Windy Hill. Then again we also had a cricket pitch…

Yep, we do.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure.

I think its part of the next development isn’t it?

I haven’t taken a lot of notice to be honest when I go out there.

If only we had some sort of insight into Richmonds defencive strategy… :thinking:

3 Likes

Or better yet how to counter it.

1 Like

Track watches, thoughts on Hooker’s progression? Is he far off joining full training in your opinion?

What we also need to look at is how quickly Richmond move it forward. They move forward at all costs often not even been taking possession in traffic just bashing it forward to where their numbers are moving. Theoretically we should be able to employ this approach effectively considering how much pave we have behind, Infront and on the ball.

2 Likes

Needs all players to run hard, all the time to get to the ball. Some teams are relentless in having numbers at the ball.

1 Like

yep forgot him. he must be getting close too

Pace is important but equally important is precision and predictability. Whilst the Tigers appear to just bash it forward haphazardly, at almost every moment they do this it’s to numbers and players running to space/position. They are entirely predictable to each other. To watch the way they moved in sync with each other in that Rnd 22 game (or whenever it was) last year was simply extraordinary.

3 Likes

Bold decision for a chubster to wear white.

6 Likes

We have lights (on Docklands oval only?).

The VFL team train at night.

1 Like

“I’m laughing 'cause i’m fat”
Saad, probably

1 Like

Was thinking the same… State-dependent learning is a real thing.

Darc is looking ready to explode…

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Essendon/Images/ParishFeb13Final.png

I don’t understand why Saad being jolly would be a surprise.

1 Like

6 Likes

Jeeez, he had a terrible haircut at that point. At least he’s fixed that bit up!

1 Like

I believe so, but are they MCG intensity? Probably not.