Training Notes: Wednesday 13th February

All good

4 Likes

Maybe I should haha

Iā€™m glad some in here had a laugh about it rather than abusing me lols.

11 Likes

Are they definitely training on Friday?
McGrath mentioned they have a 4 day weekend this weekend.
Is that Thursday to Sunday? Friday to Monday? Saturday to Tuesday?

I guess thereā€™s that issue as wellā€¦

The last month needs to be about seriously gaining match fitness. We may be transitioning into the normal season match-recovery-train-match cycle early, with normal recovery processes after tough sessions like yesterday.

its great having you on this board Nino, unfortunately theres a few bananas around here.

4 Likes

Good point.

So when does Blitz start transitioning into the normal season posting cycle with Whereā€™s the team?, The Team, Match Day and Match Review threads?

Are we going to be ready for JLT?

5 Likes

Itā€™s a secret :wink:
Laverde comes in a fair amount of time with his misus. Francis all the time.
Lavender and Ridley were in together aswell - must be house mates. So yes definatly revs

1 Like

Thanks just a very passionate Bombers man where some times the emotion gets the better of me. I know people on here think my posts come across as being negative but really I want nothing but the best for Essendon,

13 Likes

POPPERS

Thatā€™s not an argument!
Thatā€™s a contradiction!

1 Like

shouldnā€™t you be having lunch?

1 Like

Just finished, actually!
Yummy tuna & bean salad, washed down with a proprietary LoBROS Lemon&Lime Kombucha!

1 Like

Itā€™s more a case of you not thinking before you type.

No, heā€™s over in the Shiel thread discussing Jackets and rehashing trade week.

1 Like

Which will fit right in during the game day threads. A lovely place where we all reach for our inner nino.

1 Like

Meta training notes: Thursday 14th February

A largish crowd are refreshing their browsers, awaiting the first training report of the day. Nackers kicks off the thread with a post saying heā€™s at training, and that heā€™ll post more later. Various posts ensue, mostly to say how much theyā€™re looking forward to the report. Chris_64 , Bomb_Doe and others warm up their Photoshop/MSPaint in anticipation.

At around 10:30am someone posts a tweet from Callum Twomey which tells us nothing of interest. MattPocock18 and Deckham chip in to say theyā€™re also at training and that theyā€™ve both had a chat with karmabomber .

At 10:45am S_K asks whether anyoneā€™s seen his son.

Deckham chimes in first with a comprehensive report. Francis is tearing it up, Pidge is headed for a Brownlow, the 2019 flagā€™s in the bag. Nackers follows up with a detailed dissertation, including blow by blow descriptions of each training drill, witticisms from Dylan Clarke and wry asides from Dev Smith. Much enthusiasm follows. MattPocock18 elaborates with some excellent insights and Fogdog chips in out of the blue with an injury update sending a number of Blitzers into a spin.

The first photoshop appears at 11:45am courtesy of Bomb_Doe . Meanwhile Humble_NSW_fan has some questions on some of the lesser lights and Nackers duly responds with a detailed analysis. An argument ensues as to whether Zerrett can be considered ā€œoldā€ at 23 years 4 months, and whether Saad can be considered ā€œobeseā€ or just ā€œfatā€ given that heā€™s carrying around 75kg.

Just before midday it seems that Finding_Nino ā€™s 4 year-old daughter has gotten hold of his Blitz account and posted some of her artwork. Pretty much everyone assumes itā€™s a genuine attempt at illustrating the EFC game plan and to be honest it does look pretty similar.

A few more fat jokes at Saadā€™s expense until eventually the thread peters to a close.

53 Likes

ā€¦
2 weeks laterā€¦@ Warlock_Paul posts photos

7 Likes

Howā€™s @Humble_Minion travelling?

Or after.
Or during.

1 Like