Training on a Public Holiday

Fantastic! Did your have anything else to say about training?

wont somebody UPDATE

4 Likes

Stringer alert, Shiel alert, Francis Alert

All must play this weekend if we are any chance

Are you able to add anything re who trained etc

Been a busy day. I’ll put something up tonight.

17 Likes

We’re not interested in excuses. Just cough up the beautiful training prose complete with attachments, images, anecdotes and accurate predictions.

6 Likes

No because they didnt train today… or shall i say barely did

1 Like

Plot twist…

2 Likes

This whole thread is a

Wot

Patience young Padwan

6 Likes

How i envisage MattPocock18 tonight…

images (9)
Blitz waiting for this update

5 Likes

or maybe this:

This?

Saw walla today at Melrose drive 7/11, drives a very nice Audi rs3

9 Likes

Worst training thread ever

1 Like

I’ll give Matt a break. Going by the above pictorial, he had writer’s block, went partying, and passed out with a few strangers in a foreign bed.

I’m running with that. Sounds legit.

7 Likes

Good evening.

Apologies for the delay, amazing how busy one can be on a public holiday.

A warm day at the Hangar. Training started at 11am, and was completed in an hour.

Not really a great deal to write about, a very light session, you wouldn’t even believe that we had a game this weekend. Group was paired off into three groups, rotating between core strength/stretches on fence, handballing drills and goal-kicking (mostly snaps from the boundary). Given the low number of attendees, I was often OIC football retrieving. I must say my handballing was elite, my kicking was slightly less than elite. ‘Slight’, as in Hitler was slightly nasty.

Notable absentee was Francis, one would suggest that he doesn’t play this week. Jones was on crutches. I think Stringer was there, but from where I was standing and my eyesight, I wasn’t 100% certain. Can absolutely confirm Shiel and McGrath were there, and Shiel was very good with goal kicking. Was talking young Hird (T) about the snaps from the boundary. Shiel appears to be fine for the weekend.

Was nice to see Reid back and participating in drills. As @CJohns said doesn’t look too far away. Hurley the same.

Walla looks jovial, but still not moving with any great intensity. Certainly hasn’t lost his finishing skills in front of goal, though. It’s going to take a while, but I just want him to be well.

Interesting that I heard Zerk say that he would go the banana in a game when kicking for goal, but the club told him, and I’m guessing most of the players that they need to practice the snaps on their opposite foot. I’d be interested to discuss this with some of my old uni lecturers in terms of skill acquisition. For me, and I think my lecturers would agree, you do what works for you (as long as you’re doing the basics right and it actually works consistently), but it appears the club want them to develop the skill on their opposite foot. I don’t know the biomechanics or whatever on whether the ‘snap/Stevie J kick’ is a safer kick than a banana, but it’s interesting that the coaches are almost mandating a style of kick, regardless of whether it works for individuals.

Would get a better gauge on how ‘right’ we are from main training, which will be Wednesday, I presume. I guess the good sign is that even though it was a light session, almost all of the players were there. The vibe wasn’t quite as visibly upbeat as in previous sessions this pre-season, but it was a light session, hopefully it’s the ‘steely determination’ to obliterate any and every opponent that stands in our midst.

Time for a nice cold cider. Goodnight.

73 Likes

Cheers Matt. You have earnt your cider.

1 Like