Training Pics 17 Feb 2016

It was a relatively short, sharp session with emphasis again on stoppage pressure. The boys are definitely getting there - wherever that may be!

I’ll “go early” and say that I would be amazed if Darcy Parish isn’t picked for the Gold Coast opener on 26 March (barring injury). He just gets where the ball is and knows how to use it. Also expect to see Conor McKenna (whose skills are well ahead of what would generally be expected of someone with so little exposure to our game) in the seniors more often this year.

Here’s some pics…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Michael Hartley with a well balanced ball drop. Playing from full back his kickouts were regularly landing in the centre square and hitting there target. Good get Dodoro!!

Gach continues to get first hand on the tap out on many occasions.

If looks can spook the opposition Demps, you’re well on the way to regaining your influence.

Darcy Parish…plenty of class, gets lots of the ball and his disposal is dangerously good.

Matt Dea seems competent at mopping up from the back but at times the accuracy of his disposal could do with some improvement.

Mark Neeld and Adam Cooney…interested balcony onlookers.

Sam Grimley crashes the marking contest of the big men. He in someway reminds me of Carlisle but with a lot more “go” about him.

“Oops! Think I might have messed up that contest.”

“Buggar! Whenever the boys stuff up a drill, my hair just stands on end!!”

“Hey Harts! Those limp wrists will just have to go!”

Justin Crow worries about who’s supposed to be doing what drill?

Nathan Grima and Doc Reid discuss the “funny side” of having a chronic back complaint. “Did you know Nathan, we had this player called Gumby that…”

Parish is first to the contest when the ball hits the ground. Reads the play very well.

Sam Michael uses his strength to get the advantage over Gach.

Ashby attempts to clear the ball under pressure but…the fickle finger hand of fate provides an effective smother.

Kelly clears the ball from defence under pressure from McKernan and Edwards.

Crowls reckons he’s got Conor covered on the boundary but…Conor shows him a clean pair of heals and sends a sensational centred pass to a teammate under pressure about 15 metres from goal.

Conor then takes on BJ as he again moves at pace through half forward.

Sam Michael practices stoppage hit outs under Jamar’s guidance.

A couple of prime contenders in this lot for a caption thread.
Great work karmabomber. Very clear.

You never disappoint, KB.
Great shots!

Parish feeds off a slick handball.

Even Woosha’s shorts look heavier as Parish influences another clearance. This young man just won’t get out of my camera lens!!!

Is it guaranteed we go Michael as well as Grima

No, but it would surprise if Michael wasn’t with the Club for at least 2016. Stronger body than Giles and knows how to use it.

No, but it would surprise if Michael wasn’t with the Club for at least 2016. Stronger body than Giles and knows how to use it.

He does appear to be quite decent in the ruck role but not a particularly good player in forward contests or at ground level. I like him but a few more strands to the bow wouldn’t go astray.

He does appear to be quite decent in the ruck role but not a particularly good player in forward contests or at ground level. I like him but a few more strands to the bow wouldn’t go astray.

I don’t think we should ever talk about strands in here.

How much does Crowley love footy

How good does Crowley look in Red and Black

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Crowls reckons he's got Conor covered on the boundary but......Conor shows him a clean pair of heals and sends a sensational centred pass to a teammate under pressure about 15 metres from goal.

How good is Crowley’s face in this one.

1353?

1353?

Over 1360 easy.

KB do you take these pictures. They are very, very good. Bugger that! They are fantastic. Great work. Thanks.

KB do you take these pictures. They are very, very good. Bugger that! They are fantastic. Great work. Thanks.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/23/30779354_92d42c64f3.jpg

Some people have just gotta show their lenses off!!! :s

The pic’s are fantastic karma (as always).

Thank you

Well done on the pictures.
Thanks to all who contribute training reports and pictures.