Training Pics 8 Feb 2016

Congrats to the Blitzer who identified our “mystery player” last Friday as Chris Peart from St Bernards. I confirmed this with the coaches this morning. It was also pleasing to note that whilst he had been invited to attend to be considered as top up VFL player, the general consensus was his football skills and abilities were far more advanced than initially suspected. Watch this space!

Now for the pics:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mason Redman and Aaron Francis commence with some reflex handball exercises.

Wil Hams (DJR’s love child), cuts a contemplative figure as he recommences training with a light workout.

Gach joins in for more speed reflex work.

Aaron and Manson work on their flexibility stretching exercises.

Smack has eyes only for the ball.

Yestin puckers up with a clenched fist as a trainer closes his eyes in expectation!

Edwards is not enjoying running at all. His face appears to be showing signs of distress in some of the photos. He is fast, and elusive and shows so much promise, but he needs to be able to run out games. Have they been making him run laps KB?

Yes Chris. He’s on the same regime of running as his teammates. His issue seems to be overall stamina in that when they’re asked to run a lap or two after simulated match training he’s not got as much left in the tank as most of the others.

Maybe he put in more effort in the simulated match training than the others did.

I don’t rate Kommer highly but expect that if Worsfold uses a high press then Kommer will play lots of footy in 2016.

Reports of Kommer at training couldn't be further removed from rumours about Kommer while not training.

I met Kommer out in the city during his first year at the club. Ripper bloke.
Strikes me as someone that has fallen into it rather than lived and breathed footy from the day he could walk.

Reports of Kommer at training couldn't be further removed from rumours about Kommer while not training.

I’m curious if @fogdog still feels the same way about Kommer.

I have no reason to doubt fogdog, Reboot etc based on their track records but it’s just really curious that now he’s (finally) got his body right he sounds like he’s doing all the right things.

It is entirely possible he has an attitude shift

Clean air can do that for you…

I’m confident Kommsy has smoked a lot of clean air over time. :expressionless:

I have no reason to doubt fogdog, Reboot etc based on their track records but it’s just really curious that now he’s (finally) got his body right he sounds like he’s doing all the right things.

Clean air can do that for you…

Think this is Edwards 6th pre-season - You usually don’t get much fitter after 6 years.

I’d like to chorus the thanks for these awesome pics and commentary. You are a talent KB

Reports of Kommer at training couldn’t be further removed from rumours about Kommer while not training.

The mo gives him away every time.

Stoppage drill.

Jamar
Bird vs Parish
Simpkin vs Morgan

We all knew Parish was going to slot into midfield quickly but Morgan is an interesting one to transition there straight away considering he played mainly HBF and also was coming off injury. Been getting some kudos in the training reports as well.

Good size. Good overhead. Pace. Agility. Excellent skills. Backs himself to take game on.

With Colyer out he might be a surprise packet this year for senior games.

I love in the photo of the sam micheal with his top the bloke running front right is looking at the camera and going wtf

That’s Tommy Wallis and he’s still getting used to being a celebrity. :wink:

Was wondering who he was, doesn’t look familiar at all to be honest

I just loved the look on his face

Aaron and Manson work on their flexibility stretching exercises.

Francis practices his ‘floating’ for work around packs while Redman shows off his ‘jacked’ right leg.

Edwards is not enjoying running at all. His face appears to be showing signs of distress in some of the photos. He is fast, and elusive and shows so much promise, but he needs to be able to run out games. Have they been making him run laps KB?

Yes Chris. He’s on the same regime of running as his teammates. His issue seems to be overall stamina in that when they’re asked to run a lap or two after simulated match training he’s not got as much left in the tank as most of the others.

I love in the photo of the sam micheal with his top the bloke running front right is looking at the camera and going wtf

That’s Tommy Wallis and he’s still getting used to being a celebrity. :wink: