Training Pics (and summary) 20 Jan 2016

Today’s session was under grey and showery skies. As many may now know, Ryan Crowley and Mark Jamar both trained with the group whilst James Kelly passed a medical and has now signed on. Jamar has yet to finally confirm he will in fact play this season (he looks a little overweight but moves faster than Giles!). Next to undergo a medical is Matty Stokes. Three others have agreed to play, one of which I believe will be Polkinghorne (see pics).

The session went for approx one and a half hours and focussed on stoppages and clearances. Kommer and Lueny were only out briefly while Cooney and McKernan were unsighted. Crowley did the first half of the session before disappearing inside but certainly looked very fit. A few “blasts from the past” attended to watch training as well (see pics). Again, as per Monday, the session was satisfactory with initially plenty of vocals, however, by the second half it had quietened considerably and the lack of sufficient leaders driving the young players was evident.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jamar the Giant struts his stuff.

Young Shauny marks on the lead.

Conor put in another solid session and appears to have noticeably improved his engine.

Zaka is working hard at training but I feel is not sufficiently vocal for someone with his experience.

“I’ll look after you Darcy. See this is the arm breaker grip I’ll use on your opponent!”

Today's session was under grey and showery skies. As many may now know, Ryan Crowley and Mark Jamar both trained with the group whilst James Kelly passed a medical and has now signed on. Jamar has yet to finally confirm he will in fact play this season (he looks a little overweight but moves faster than Giles!). Next to undergo a medical is Matty Stokes. Three others have agreed to play, one of which I believe will be Polkinghorne (see pics).

The session went for approx one and a half hours and focussed on stoppages and clearances. Kommer and Lueny were only out briefly while Cooney and McKernan were unsighted. Crowley did the first half of the session before disappearing inside but certainly looked very fit. A few “blasts from the past” attended to watch training as well (see pics). Again, as per Monday, the session was satisfactory with initially plenty of vocals, however, by the second half it had quietened considerably and the lack of sufficient leaders driving the young players was evident.

Conor put in another solid session and appears to have noticeably improved his engine.

Zaka is working hard at training but I feel is not sufficiently vocal for someone with his experience.

“I’ll look after you Darcy. See this is the arm breaker grip I’ll use on your opponent!”

Good work Karma - thank you.

That last photo with Parish and Crowley is priceless

Today's session was under grey and showery skies. As many may now know, Ryan Crowley and Mark Jamar both trained with the group whilst James Kelly passed a medical and has now signed on. Jamar has yet to finally confirm he will in fact play this season (he looks a little overweight but moves faster than Giles!). Next to undergo a medical is Matty Stokes. Three others have agreed to play, one of which I believe will be Polkinghorne (see pics).

The session went for approx one and a half hours and focussed on stoppages and clearances. Kommer and Lueny were only out briefly while Cooney was unsighted. Crowley did the first half of the session before disappearing inside but certainly looked very fit. A few “blasts from the past” attended to watch training as well (see pics). Again, as per Monday, the session was satisfactory with initially plenty of vocals, however, by the second half it had quietened considerably and the lack of sufficient leaders driving the young players was evident.

Crowley:
“Ok, here goes…As soon as Woosha looks away, I’m gonna pinch you on the left testy, and push off…”
“It’s how I get Boomer every time!”

Parish thinking what the hell have i got myself into!

Craig Bird was prominent during the stoppages exercises.

The ‘Yellow Midfield’ group being given a rev-up by ‘Bluey’ McKenna.

‘Growly’ Crowley effectively pins The Langford to allow the Black Group to get the clearance.

Parish shows a clean pair of heels to break away from the stoppage.

…he also manages to break BJ’s attempted tackle.

Crowley appeared mildly amused at the push ups penalty to the Black Group for losing the stoppages exercise.

For close in to goal stoppages practice, the “padded pants” came out for protection. I didn’t see Sam Michell at the session so can’t understand what all the fuss was about?

“Hi Polky.” “Hi Crowls.” “What do you think of all this Foreign Legion stuff?”

Ex Bomber man and current Brighton Grammar coach, Robert Shaw (left), was an interested spectator at today’s session.

Michael Hartley takes a strong mark on the run.

Oh noes… The Langford has suffered a knock to the thigh.

Oh noes... The Langford has suffered a knock to the thigh.

That Mitchell is a carnt.

Polks came into my work a few weeks back - he was a legend and said he was excited to be playing for Essendon VFL and that despite everything it was great place to be. Now he might get a crack at seniors I wish him the best and hope he get’s selected. Previous to his injuries in Brisbane I thought he could play.

love your work Karma. Parish looks to be much more solid than i had expected. He should fill out very nicely.

How has gleeson gone training with the mids?

How does the Langford look in stoppage work?

How does Laverde look in stoppage work?

Shauny is mesmerised by Gwilty’s ball use!

“Hey guys. Can anyone see the ball?”

Sheeds says hello and gives some words of encouragement to Yestin.

“Hey boys. Listen closely to what the big fella has to say. He knows a thing or two about this football caper.”

Great pics!

love your work Karma. Parish looks to be much more solid than i had expected. He should fill out very nicely.

How has gleeson gone training with the mids?

How does the Langford look in stoppage work?

How does Laverde look in stoppage work?

Both Langford and Laverde look really physically strong at the stoppages and really need to focus on refining their positioning to give them the best chance of maybe taking the Myers role. The Langford gave Crowley as good as he got during the session. Gleeson has the footy smarts and has completed all pre-season sessions. His tank has improved but I would still like to see him with at least another 5kgs.

Geez matching up on Crowley makes Darcy look like a kid

thanks Karma.

Just me or does Yestin look a lot like A Lovett in the pic with sheeds?

Awesome fellas. Looks weird not seeing Dyson out there!

Thanks for all the pics.
Good to see Crowley, Polky & Russian at training.

Thanks for the great pics & training report