Training report - 2018-11–21

Boys worked pretty hard under hot sun today.
In rehab group were Draper, Lavender, Gleeson, McNeice, Daniher and later Heppell and Shiel.

Daniher did lots of laps at an ok pace. It’s hard to see him having a delayed start to 2019 if he’s doing this much running in November.
The key of course is if he is pulling up sore.

Probably the highlight for me was in a defence match sim drill Zerk floated through the air to mark ala Michael Jordan when he took off from the three point line to dunk. The kid is some athlete.

Here is a pic of Guelfi and McKernan in a tackling drill.

67 Likes

Pretty sure a couple of months back a few posters who claim to know plenty about OP, were saying if Joe is running at the start of the pre-season that is a really good sign

2 Likes

I don’t know who you people are who are available to attend weekday training sessions in frickin November, but man I appreciate it.

48 Likes

If Joe pulled up sore after Monday, he sure as hell wouldn’t be running today.

13 Likes

JOEDAN lives! Lid off!

Thanks Begbie for the report, well worth the BLITZ dollars that you are getting paid for the reporting.

9 Likes

Tippa looking at that tackle thinking “is that all you’ve got?

7 Likes

More should be made of McNernan seemingly participating in full contact drills. How many weeks ago was his hamstring?

4 Likes

not many, if any.

11 Likes

The same day our 2018 finals chances evaporated

8 Likes

14 or 15 weeks?

Huh. Seems shorter.
Time flies.

1 Like

That is what I have been told, but I was also told that OP is the type of issue that really only shows its ugly head again when you are training and competing at full pace.

2 Likes

Pulling up sore after one session isn’t the only guide. Pulling up sore after repeated sessions is also pertinent.

1 Like

How many day running Joe Daniher ?

3 Likes

Kudos to anyone who can establish that Jordan Houlihan still exists.

5 Likes

this is what I’ve been told by a mate who had it. You can operate fine at 80% but it’s the top 20% and explosiveness that is most compromised. At any rate, if he’s running in any volume at all it can’t be a bad thing.

2 Likes

Are they training the house down, or burning up the training track?

Apparently not.

This photo is very informative.

They are wearing hats. They are wearing hats backwards.

3 Likes

Need longer shorts, then.

5 Likes

Bit harsh on @Begbie.

6 Likes