Training report - 2018-11–21

More posts referencing Franga, Jobe and Hirdy all in the same breath please.

9 Likes

Hope you still got the LP.

Guelfi seems like a guy who will benefit greatly by being part of a professional setup, He’s going to surprise a lot of us along the way, He has levels still IMO.

6 Likes

Love this time of year everyone is full of hope. Franga does look very fit, trim and toned! I like the thought of him training with the mids even if purely just for the fitness.

Would be great to see him play through the midfield at times, but to me he is far, far, to valuable down back as an intercept player.

5 Likes

I would be amazed if we have seen anything close to his best yet, I think he is underrated on here because he wasn’t a high pick despite being more than serviceable in his 15 games to date.

Everyone is in a hurry to drop someone to get a better look at (Zerk/Ridley/Clarke/Mutch/Redman/Begley/Laverde) but I’d say that person should be a Myers or Baguley.

I recall Redman (5 games) was the same draft as Parish so he would be getting frustrated at his lack of senior time.

3 Likes

Awesome to see and hear he’s apparently flicked the switch, a la Jobe 2005/6. Sky’s the limit.

I agree we probably haven’t seen Guelfi’s best, but I actually think he’s overrated by a lot of people on here. He’s a fringe player and will most likely need to improve just to keep his spot.
I’d be very surprised if he ends up a permanent part of pit midfield. But i’d Like to see him settled in one person to see if he improves in whatever that position is

the GWELF hate is strong in this thread

3 Likes

It’s not crazy to suggest that a second year player who was on the fringes of the team in his first season, might find it harder to get a game

I don’t hate him at all. I really like him. I just think there are other guys with higher ceilings.

It will be very interesting to see what they do with him. They could settle him in one position and he may make it or not in that position (i’d personally like to see him tried as a small defender). Or they could keep in a utility role like last year where he seemed to change roles from game to game. This might give him more certainty of games in 2019 but may not help him long term.

1 Like

where’s the don when you need him

He couldn’t get a better role model

I think guelfi will be better than a fringe player.

8 Likes

1 Like

Good to see he has gone metric.

2 Likes

Played 15 out of 22 games. Hardly a fringe player. For a first year I would have thought 15 games was a good return.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. One of those that got lost among the listening to records at mates places, swappings for listens, lends etc.

Bugger!!! Maybe you got some cracker LPs in exchange.

Keep this pic ‘handy’ during the season… might need to ‘whip it out’ a bit in '19

1 Like

Stare in to the uncanny valley