Training report - Friday 11 March 2022

Match sim about to start

Francis running laps, not training.

McGrath modified/minimal training

Hurls and Reid did warm up and now running laps.

Kelly and sheil full training.

No walla sighting

Unfortunately Jones rolled his ankle again in warm up, hasnt come back out of the hanger.

44 Likes

Baldwin firming for a debut by the day

9 Likes

That’s positive news re: Jake Kelly.
You just never know with concussions. Good to see he’s on track for round 1.

1 Like

Is THE STRINGS out there in full training?

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Jones is made out of tissue paper

4 Likes

Started centre bounce and got the first centre clearance in the match sim :slight_smile:

17 Likes

All aboard the Kaine Train of Pain :steam_locomotive:

2 Likes

How can there be match sim today when about 24+ will be playing the VFL praccy tonight?
Are they all participating in match sim? eg Brand, Eyre, Bryan, Hird, Hobbs, Durham, McBride, BZT

They’re all playing right now in a full ground match sim…

2 Likes

The cloud over Francis and Jones may force us to go in with the structure of two tall forwards + Stringer rather than 3.
e.g. 2MP, Baldwin, Stringer.
Which I don’t necessarily think is a bad thing.

Especially for our ability to maintain forward pressure and our ability to rotate our mids e.g. Langford spending a bit more time up forward.

3 Likes

No afl listed players in the vfl tonight

5 Likes

Is Tex out there today?

Tex and stringer both in match sim

31 Likes

Baldwin to play Round 1.

2 Likes

Wow. So really a game to assess some non AFL listed candidates for the VFL team. I take it that the VFL list isn’t finalised yet (@Paul_Cousins ?)
I don’t mind it actually. I was impressed with Weightman in the intra club prac. Maybe there are others like him we might be looking at.
Downside is that all the listed players who haven’t had a run, or only a quarter, in the 2 AFL practice games, will be very short of a run eg all the names I mentioned above.
Still plenty of time though for them to get a run. VFL season starts a week later than AFL so I guess there would be another VFL practice match next weekend for all those players.

makes two of us.

2 Likes

Does it look like they’ve split them into probable best 22 v the rest or is it an even talent split for both sides?

1 Like

Even split

1 Like

Might have ended up that way anyway with Stringer having limited match preparation

We will need someone taller and dangerous to have Tom Stewart accountable to. Langford may well end up being.