Training report Friday Jan 18

Your father may have just had a heart attack (or he could have the hiccups)

What’s that? Why did you panic? I said ‘may’!

Thoughts on Stringer nackers? Do you share concerns for his fitness?

You can’t pick and choose which bits of the Sheedy legacy to celebrate.
Although a club tweet that Zach was just suffering from flu would have been a nice riposte.

2 Likes

He looked unfit last pre-season too. I think hes the type of player that goes up a gear on game day

3 Likes

That could be said about a lot of doctors, actually.
And lawyers, for that matter.

1 Like

He certainly does/can. Frustrating to watch, for me though. It’s like cramming for exams.

What was the defensive pressure like as a team has it gone up a few levels compared to last year? there were times last year where teams were still able to score freely even though we were dominating.

I love that song

2 Likes

If you measure last year’s pressure in pascals as we should properly do ( a pascal is crudely one apple dropping on you per square metre)
then the answer to your question, assuming last year’s pressure average was 500 pascals (translating McGrath into apples) then the pressure has increased this year by at least 25 pascals ( or a bag of Granny Smiths and a couple of Pink Ladies)

Happy Nino?

9 Likes

Was just asking a question.

I expect the team defence gone up a few levels with Ben Rutten in charge. I like that we have focused on 1v1 contested work weather it’s in the air or on the ground something Richmond was very good at.

In fact that’s the the only thing that should be complained about.

Shhhh keep it under your ■■■■■■■ Essendon hat.
We don’t need our best going down in a silly preseason bullshit comp.

Well there was a reason Bevo wanted him gone. He better lift his game of he can play 2nds for mine.
Looked a little overweight and not fit enough last year to me. Problem with players like this is they are so ■■■■■■ good even unfit, it makes them hard to drop. So frustrating as his potential is unlimited.

He was our leading goal kicker. Take a ■■■■■■■ chill pill. He doesn’t have the build of guys like Heppell. Judge him on how he performs.

7 Likes

Great new Bureau of Meteorology slogan.
( put on your deepest, mellow USA accented voice and repeat “Weather: It’s in the air” quietly to yourself. Note how good it sounds)

2 Likes

Stringer reminds of a greyhound i used to train…does enough on the track to think ah hes not doing enough then on racenight/game day just wins by 10… if there ever was a game day player its him!

7 Likes

Fark off turd.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reports guys! @Deckham @nackers you guys are going to new levels of training reports for this community and @Begbie and co are following the lead. Great work all!

12 Likes