Training report - Monday 2018-12-10

Jake and Guelfi had a nice little scuffle at training this morning and had to be separated by about 6 other players.
Centre clearance work was extremely fierce today, brutal I would cal it, the players are definitely putting in.
All good though, I saw a hand slap between the two of them 5 minutes later and they both moved on.

53 Likes

This is good. Remember it happened with Dev Smith and Parish last preseason. It’s great that they train with that much emotion/adrenaline.

8 Likes

Stringer wouldn’t be shy of a cheapy & likely Guelfi not copping it from him.

I’m all for them firing up at training but just not going full Setanta.

18 Likes

Stringer is super aggressive at clearances. Always looks like he hurts players. Guelfi mustn’t have taken kindly to it.

That is exactly what happened.

1 Like

What was Joe doing today?

Footage of the fight

18 Likes

Beautiful day at the Hangar. Players had a good session.

Daniher and Parish running together. Parish has a quad nick. Both seemed to run quite well for the hour or so that they were there.

Ball movement drills seemed to go pretty smoothly. Speed and accuracy was quite good. Heppell and Shiel both looked good. Mutch not so, very indecisive today and lacked confidence. Francis dropped his head after kicking into the man on the mark, but looked good otherwise.

Lavender played in defence and looked okay coming out of the backline. Still not sure what role he plays.

Stewart’s hands were quite good today. Brown’s kicking was a bit off.

Particularly noticed the midfield group running on the second oval, consisting of Hep, Shiel, McGrath, Langford, Myers, Mutch, Clarke, Stringer, Ridley and Draper. A mixture of shuttle runs and shoulder bumps. Stringer and Draper were at the back of all runs, but McGrath and Ridley kept the pace well. Hep seemed very impressed with the pace, saying ‘this is elite boys’

After the run, Skippy and Kel sat the players down in the goalsquare, asking the players why they were doing the extra running, saying ‘we’re prepping you for when you’ll need it - on Grand Final day’. Shiel also noted that every club was doing the same thing, that we have to keep pushing hard to get to where we want.

85 Likes

I love training reports!

23 Likes

Thanks mate!

Thanks Matt.

Joe was just doing some running with Parish, Begley, Smith, Gleeson and McKenna on the smaller oval.

RIP Darcy Parish

1 Like

Gleeson running with anyone?

Thanks for the reports!

1 Like

All eyes on the midfield boys.
We have the backline.We have the forwardline.

Get this midfield primed to run with the very best in the league,and we can go deep into September.

2 Likes

Lol, at first I thought you meant Jake Long and Guelfi, but String and Guelfi is a different match up.
I reckon Guelfi and Laverde will be locks in our best 22 this year, no turning back for these guys.

Definitely Jake Stringer!

Guelfi probably called him a soft bellied fatso…

8 Likes

Ridley moving to the wing? No problems. Jackets has been drafting so many half back flankers over the years.