Training report - Monday 2018-12-10

Draper i think.

1 Like

Make the sash bit red?

1 Like

Green tops appear to be modified group players only so should see less & less of them in those as preseason progresses

Or more and more of them if it turns out to be one of those preseasons… :frowning:

There is no slope to speak of there, so it must be a result of that trick grass again.

2 Likes

Or green? I kid, but yeah, they should have made it red, not black.

1 Like

so who’s going to Ocean Grove tomorrow to give us the report… :slight_smile: ?

Agreed 100% with this. I look at our best 22 and see strong players across the board. Players who I would dislike alot it they were on the other team because they are quality. Then we have a wealth of depth players also…

Top 4 next year is not an unlikely scenario.

1 Like

To be frank, this year we had a team that could have made it into the second week of finals. With or without Joe D. We just ■■■■■■ up the first seven weeks.

The team has to have the right attitude from round 1 to finals to give themselves a chance.

3 Likes

I’d like to think this true. I also can’t escape the feeling we would have Essingtoned our way to a week one elimination

2 Likes

Things have to change one day. Next year it can and should be our turn to be a top team.

I just keep watching the first quarter of the West Coast game.

We have it in us to be very very good.

5 Likes

Alot of development and progress this year mate.

Top priority is attitude.
Total of 2 seasons, 2.5-3 seasons tops have we had the right attitude since our last flag.
The mental side has had its ebbs and flows, from cocky to complete distress.
Our second half of the season showed we’re on the right path but I still saw cracks. It’s been a long time since we absolutely buried a team.
We have to become mentally strong to perform consistently at a high level. It was good to hear a comment from one of the fans who attended training about going the extra distance to get that elusive flag we’ve been waiting so long for.

2 Likes

In games like the one against the Dogs, you have to be conscious that they’re going to just kick short all around the ground and try to take advantage of our perceived, and sometimes actual, laziness.

There just seemed to be no preparation for that game, or a couple of others.

No team is so weak that you can just play football against them.

You have to control their strengths and take advantage of your own.

4 Likes

Dogs played well in that game. But at times as in that game we appear to lack the desire to chase opponents, pressure them and scrap for the ball. Maybe we just were not trained for it. I think Rutten is going to help us get the ball back when this happens. There was improvement in this respect after round 8. Except for the Dreamtime Game.

Visors and bucket hats, ffs.

1 Like

The best part is Stringer owning the bucket hat.

Preseason 2019 - it’s all about
Hurley’s Mo and Jake bucket hat.

3 Likes

Those games were there is a lack of chasing and harassing is usually accompanied with finger pointing and looking at others to put in. It is in complete contrast to games when the team is on, where everyone is manic and harassing and doing the 1% things.

Sometimes teams are just flat, and there can be reasons. To really improve and become a top team, the gap between best and worst needs to be decreased. The second half of the year showed it is possible.

1 Like

I know he can kick a long set shot, can he kick massive field passes? With the new rules around kick-ins from behinds, someone like Saad running the ball 20m then dishing off to Hartley/Myers who then looks for Daniher/Smack around the fwd 50 arc… wowee…

Just the threat of that would create space in the oppositions fwd press.

1 Like