Training report - Saturday 30th January 2021

The forwardline drill run by Cara looks promising.

A lot of players inside 50 running in different directions with the release kick generally from around the 50 mark mostly looking for players deep in the pocket that get out the back.

Lots of movement and organisation. Hopefully we finally address static target entries.

14 Likes

I believe Kyle Dunkley is also training

28 Likes

Cahill is a beautiful kick of the footy and has reasonable range for a small bloke.

I see him as a big improver this year.

31 Likes

Ball movement a lot quicker and decisive today

33 Likes

Better movement from full back Scoot?

Can see why Stewart is being trialled back.

Best field kick in the team in my opinion.

He can effortlessly find a target over 50 metres. That opens the field up and gives you options.

50 Likes

Who is kicking goals? Anyone looking dangerous? Big thanks to the training watchers.

Yes slightly longer and more purpose in ball movement from back half.

2 Likes

So far Hurley looking most dangerous up forward. Jones more leading up to wing and getting plenty of it.

33 Likes

He’s got the physical attributes to be a key defender. At least it gives us some flexibility in the key position areas of the field. If Hooker and Hurley fall off the cliff completely he’s a good 1-2 year stop-gap whilst Cox and Reid develop…

2 Likes

Heppell of half back looks so good.

43 Likes

CJohns calling the training session à la Radio DJR. Love it!!

4 Likes

I like the versatility Hurley and Stewart training in different positions gives us, and it’s probably good for their careers. Hurley could get squeezed out of defense while we experiment with the back line, and vice versa for Stewart.

Can anyone watching let me know if Hurls and Stewart are matched up? Gut feel is that there’s no way Hurls could out mark Stewart…

2 Likes

I can see the value of moving our better kickers in cahill and Stewart back, let’s just hope they are up to it defensively

2 Likes

Zach Reid up forward has been :heart_eyes:

44 Likes

Zach Reid man!!!

20 Likes

Probably heard about Joes performance in the Brisbane intraclub.

6 Likes

I’m really looking forward to watching Stewart play as a Defender this year. He has all the attributes to play as a mobile tall with strength and running capacity … and he now has a Defenders haircut which helps

3 Likes

How is he winning the ball … leading, contested marks?

How is hind looking??