Training report @ The Hangar, 10am Sat 13 August 2022

To be clear, you’re only going to this to get a good spot for the official first AFLW match that starts at 12noon afterwards.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 13

10AM - Catch the AFL team’s open training ahead of Round 22.
12PM - Essendon AFLW vs Port Adelaide pre-season practice match.

Register your attendance for a chance to WIN a $150 voucher to The Bomber Shop.

FACILITY INFO & PARKING

There will be no on-site parking and limited street parking available.

Parking will be available at the Mantra Tullamarine, located next to the NEC Hangar on Melrose Drive.

This will be a cashless event and no cash out facilities will be available at the NEC Hangar.

WHAT’S ON

There will be plenty happening for the kids, with face painting and a colouring corner in the lobby.

Coffee and snacks will be available from the Jack Jones Cafe and coffee cart from 10am or fuel up with tacos from the Dingo Ate My Taco food truck from 11:30am.

Fresh fruit will be available to all patrons, so grab yourself a piece of fruit from the Coles fruit stand.

Drinking water taps will be available, please bring your own reusable cups and bottles.

Please bring along your own chairs and rugs, as no seating will be available.

THE BOMBER SHOP

The shop will be open from 10am for all the latest and greatest merchandise. Don’t forget that members get 10% off!

1 Like

Ha, the soccer players weren’t allowed to park internally today and are walking back to their externally-parked vehicles.

Glorious weather for now; a few hundred watching this warmup event.

1 Like

Hobbs starts practice with a torp goal.

1 Like

He and Mass with the forwards.

1 Like

Mids last to go off, with 1/3/7/9/22 doing set shot kicking.

Is Zerk out there? Didn’t train yesterday

Ummmm… I may not have been paying much attention, and was at the forward’s end.

Pre season Training reports. Very much appreciated, HOWEVER:

Pre season Training reports that concentrate on how players are doing, please and not how the team is doing, because until the first preseason game we will have no idea if the team will be competitive or not.
The last 2 years proved the optimism generated by preseason training reports created unreal expectations.
But the optimism is probably my own fault. I am sure many others were sucked in as well.

Preseason reporter reports in the style that they want. You can “take out the bits that don’t suit”.