Training report - Thursday 21 April 2022

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s good for Bulldogs game from what I saw of him this morning (Stringer too)

Change of direction at full speed, hitting Stringer lace out leading up to him. Kicking drills.

Looked pretty much normal.

Sure there’s more conditioning to go, but coming back 5 weeks is pretty much the same time Walsh came back in, and I would back Merrett to be as full on with his rehab and conditioning as Walsh.

23 Likes

“‘Junior’ (Merrett) is going really well,” Murphy told Essendon’s Liberty Financial Performance Update .

“The settling after that surgery is the most important part and he’s in a really good spot. He’s up running, starting some offline (agility) work this week and we’ll see him sooner rather than later, but it’s all going well for him and he’s ticking off all the markers that we need.”

Interesting that he didn’t overtly rule him out of Anzac Day

1 Like

I wouldn’t risk him. Give him 2 weeks post moon boot

1 Like

Thanks doc

8 Likes

Do they have mouth guards in and are they wrestling.

Speaking to someone who plays for Frankston and they were super impressed with Bryan, mention how hard he cracked in and couldn’t believe he wasn’t in the ones.

6 Likes

The social media team going along with it.

2 Likes

Wayne Harmes spoke about their brutal training sessions at Carlton when he was a guest on The Front Bar last week - he added the comment at the end that Hawthorn were in the middle of one that night - interesting considering that they then beat Geelong.

1 Like

Make Merrett sub IMO, bring him on late for a 10 point supercoach game so we can get him really cheap in 3 weeks.

9 Likes

Bringing in stringer and merret early just reeks of desperation. Get them fkn right. I hope the medical staff know what they’re doing

20 Likes

Stringer looked good to go to me… Merrett would be more 50/50

Next main skills training is Saturday at 10:30am so I guess we’d know more then

3 Likes

Stringer at least looks a lot better then he did 4 weeks ago.

1 Like

Extended squads are out tonight, even though the match is four days away.

Zach Reid fills in for NO MAN

Really? Can still see a decent gut there

Nah Easter Monday clash wasn’t released til Friday

Maybe he’s looking for the blue collar? Or buying in bulk?

giphy

Maybe I’m been hopeful. I’ve been absolutely panning him and the fitness team over the past couple of weeks.

Nah, it was released Thursday night

1 Like