Training report - TUESDAY 9 March 2021

Thanks nackers

2 Likes

Agree. Heavily compromised pre season, straight into seniors, recepie for potential disaster

There’s no VFL til late April.

hmmm wonder what we do with stringer he has always been terrible when he comes in on no game time

some good news!

2 Likes

In- Cody 1 Kenobi

He was forward from what I saw, but there wasn’t a lot of positional work.

No I think it’s unusual to ice it this late. It’s very unusual all round though, he walked past us after he come off on Saturday and didn’t look at all hampered. Maybe he did something in a warm up today that we didn’t see?

5 Likes

Thanks @nackers. Any sign of Baldwin on the sidelines? Do you know if he’s started with us yet?

1 Like

If Stringer is fit - he plays. Might have started a little slow historically but he is going to LOVE not being the sole target up forward.

3 Likes

Oh god. That actually makes sense (him seriously injuring it today whilst testing it out)

2 Likes

You don’t do an 8 week hammy in a warm up.

9 Likes

If you watch the 3rd quarter you can see when it happens. He stops and feels the top of his leg - quite high which is not usually a good sign.

2 Likes

Thanks Nackers. Great information again. It’s amazing how many critics Stewart had when he moved down back, but now it’s almost a disaster if he misses. How quickly we change our views. I too doubted him down back but was convinced by his application. Same for Laverde. The Hawks will be down on their forward and midfield strength so a backline setup of
Laverde Francis Guelfi
Heppell Ridley and Hind
will get the job done leaving Hooker up forward with Jones and Stringer to dominate the air.

8 Likes

No I was hoping to see him but no sign of him yet.

1 Like

There is a practice match on the 20th.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought so either, but he didn’t look at all distressed walking past us on Saturday night. At the time they just called it precautionary. Something must have happened you would think to turn it into 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks @nackers for the great report.

I’m not sure if you have shared your thoughts elsewhere on the Geelong game but how do you think our gameplan held up and would you consider it more robust than what we have had in past seasons?

I know its a small sample size but I personally thought there were some great indicators to come out of it and something we can certainly build on in coming years.

3 Likes

He didn’t look that bad at half-time of the game against Franga in 2019 (having already kicked four goals), and then he didn’t play for more than a year…

Ambrose

I’d say they didn’t think it was too bad, but then they did a scan…