Training Report Wed 18 Jan 2023

I’m not sure how you gauge that in a match sim.
I don’t think the intensity was match like and it’s tough to judge when it’s us vs. us. Against another team is much easier to judge.

1 Like

No training at The Hangar tomorrow I’m told ……I’ll be in attendance Friday morning :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Some photos.
I’m slowly going through them.

Stringer looking hungry.

Alwyn looking ominous.

Hobbs looking buff. Can confirm he was wearing 49 early then switched to 8. Sneaky bugger. No wonder he hasn’t being training the house down. He’s playing as two different people.

Davey & Munk.

Shiel is a beast.

I’m pretty sure that’s Cox with the reverse hat. Didn’t realise until now that Stewart was there.

The Weid was there early. Didn’t notice him until after the initial warm up.

30 Likes

Pfft, racist.

4 Likes

Ha ha.
I think I can tell the difference now.

The one doing laps was Jayden.
Alwyn was doing most of the training.

2 Likes

Clearly they all look the same to him!

Some more photos.

Cox in the background. Darce in foreground.
Further into the background…
Well, past Stants were the dreaded umpires…

My man Tsatas with Alwyn. The unit next to them is Montgomerie (I think).

Tsatas again. That’s Hayes on the right.

Alwyn running, Tsatas on the chase.

I think this was when Tstatas got caught in the zone and Hurls let him know about it. Tsatas was trying to explain what he saw. Really liked that interaction.

Lining up for some shots on a break.

One of the Davey’s doing laps. This one is Jayden.

Perk during the rope drill.

Shiel showing how it’s done.

Fark me. I didn’t realise Scott was there.

Fark me. So was Dods.

37 Likes

Setterfield and Martin.

Martin & Durham.

Martin & Hep.

Tsatas went off shortly after this play.
Sheeds being all casual about it in the background…

Massimo!

Shiel is so buff, even raindrops get out of his way.

Certainly wasn’t ideal weather, but good to see the guys get out there.

65 Likes

I would very much like to have watched the Heppell / Martin / Durham contests.

10 Likes

Who was Jackets keeping an eye on?

I was on Tsatas watch who was on the wing opposite the shed, whilst Perk was doing the rope drill with Hurls in the goal square and Hep / Martin / Durham were on the shed side.

I would have liked to see Setterfield in one of those contests. The guy is so different to the rest of our midfield, that I do wonder if we know how to best use him or whether he finds it easy because of his height advantage.

Now that I have a decent idea how training is held, I’m hoping to get to one next week for a decent comparison.

19 Likes

8 Likes

I actually don’t know.
I didn’t even realise he was there until I saw that photo.

He looks like an eagle perched on that fence.

1 Like

Brilliant work Blummers32! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

In the shot with Sheeds, who is the guy behind Tsatas in the cap?

Blummers32 delivers…:+1:

Thanks Blummers- great report & photos.

Hurley looks in great shape.

BRING.

2 Likes

He has to be one of the guys training with us. He’s also in the Shiel swinging legs / Durham photo with no number.
There were other numbers used that I couldn’t quite work out who they were. Baldwin and Voss continually made me look at the numbers list I had on my phone.

1 Like

Not sure if other training watchers are seeing the same as me but Merrett seems actually overly quiet this off season (more than usual). I thought he might be a little vocal with a push to make a case for captain but i don’t think i have heard him so far. No doubt we don’t see the inner conversations but visibly on the track its like Hepps and a huge gap in loud talk and instruction from the next player. Redman can be vocal at times, Snelling too…McGrath has conversations you can tell are guidance.

10 Likes