Training report - Wednesday 2018-12-12

Why is that though? Hasn’t it been a few weeks? Surely they’d have some idea wouldn’t they?

He did it Nov 30. Two weeks tomorrow.

1 Like

Today’s training report, with video:

10 Likes

Definitely!
I remember Simon Madden going from a skinny beanpole who was very talented but didn’t have any body strength, to the ruckman he became.
Daniher, with good body strength in a marking contest, could be just awesome.

2 Likes

He had scans. He has a fractured ankle, ‘non-displaced’ - which is the lesser of two evils. It will remain immobilized for a while, before slow, methodical movement begins - stretching ligaments, then rebuilding lost muscle slowly and full-range movement and strengthening. We are not likely to hear anything other than ‘on track, going as planned, in good spirits, etc etc’ for 3 or 4 months.

2 Likes

An excellent, insightful, fascinating report. Thank you very much @nackers

I asked him on Family Day how his ankle was and he said “Not good. It’s broken. But I should be right for the start of the season”.

20 Likes

Good news. Lucky it happened so early in preason and also not as severe as it could have been (ie. Gleeson).

Someone had mentioned it was a non-displaced fracture, not sure if he had surgery however to plate/pin it.

Thanks Nackers, you’re a legend.

1 Like

not cool.

1 Like

Dr Google.

So it will take 6 weeks (4 more) really before he can do anything if everything goes well., So he wont be doing much until early february IMO, then its a race against time to get ready for season proper, I dont think we will see him until at least Anzac Day due to delayed preseason, and lack of conditioning. I mean what exercise can you do on a broken ankle apart from weights.

1 Like

Still a chance for JLT hopefully?

Yeah he’s gonna be behind the pack a bit, the rest of the side will have had extra practice at all of the ball movement drills and have more conditioning so he won’t have the chemistry or the fitness the others have.

I know some blitzers will disagree but he wasn’t a lock for a spot in the senior team, so I doubt they will feel the need to rush him back either (like they would Hurley/Hooker, Zerret without playing VFL games).

So yeah, it’s a fair blow as he would have been thinking that he was primed to take the next step. We took him in the same draft as Parish, and Redman seems pretty confident in himself so I’d say it would be burning in his guts that other guys have been fast tracked and now he’s injured.

1 Like

Since googling Mason’s condition I’ve concluded that he has a malignant bone cancer, epilepsy and incurable gonorrhea

17 Likes

And vaccinations were the cause…

5 Likes

Is the whole group doing these pool sessions? Or is it just the rehab group?

images

18 Likes

Great work Nackers.

Not enough Mitch Brown love around here, had a good end to the season and doesn’t strike me as the guy that will take a back seat and let Daniher walk into his spot at CHF. Could be a good battle over pre season.

8 Likes

It isn’t only Joe Dan that Brown is competing for a spot in the forward line with, there is also SMack McNurnan, Zac Clarke and Stewart as well. Lots of competition for the those 2 tall spots. Get some popcorn folks, this is going to be an interesting contest. So much so that Hooker can now safely remain in the back half.

5 Likes

As reliable & consistent as Mitch Brown played Daniher is an AA star of comp who will/can kick triple the goals for the year.

If Daniher is fit it’s not even a remotely close call & Brown will just be backup.

Neither is suited to deepest fwd having to wrestle a full back or contesting in a pack to ensure bringing ball to ground for smalls which is why Smack will be getting first dibs on the FF/2nd ruck also generally keeping JD out of ruck.

1 Like