Training Saturday 14/3/20

He seemed OK to me. Pleasant with an understanding attitude but still firm enough.
With Rutten and Caracella seeming to do a good job so far that may be his new role for the year - out on the front gate!

6 Likes

Thanks for going out and delivering a report despite the Rona in the air @nackers . All this Hird talk is seriously exciting.

Do you have anything to report on Townsend? I love his aggression. Would love to see him crack the 22 for round 1

1 Like

Should all this Tom Hird talk point to him always coming to us and that heā€™s going to be an amazing player and that Essendon just pulled off a superb two card trick to get him to the club with the lowest of picks?

2 Likes

Love your work Neil!

We are privileged to have you on the team Nackers!

4 Likes

Thanks Nackers. How did Daniher look in his running? Free and loose, or still looking restricted?

Many thanks and they are all directed to nackers, as theyshould be, for his continued service to us here on BBlitz. Not being able to get there, they are the next best thing.

8 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have thought so, from what Iā€™ve heard his intention was to play soccer. One of the problems he was facing was having to uproot his life and move overseas with no guarantee of success, and his parents were very keen on him completing his education, which would have been more difficult over there.

I think he weighed everything up and decided he wanted to play here, particularly as a lot of the saga issues have died down.

Of course I could be completely wrong and Essendon never had any intention of giving up more than pick 79 for him and this was the best way around it!

4 Likes

what a spoil sport you are :slight_smile:

this is the way to think

1 Like

He was running very well. No sprinting but a long run at a very good pace.

I think itā€™s all about getting the miles into the legs now.

17 Likes

Thanks Nackers. Just watching some 2017 highlights of Daniher. I think people forget how good he is at his peak. A fit Daniher is a few spots on the ladder in my opinion.

So working on fitness base and core strength, say for 8 weeks, then full training, for a few weeks, maybe mid season. No science there, just a rough guess. I would take that prognosis.

Then kicks 12 on his first game backā€¦

13 Likes

Spot on,was thinking the same.
Heā€™s a gun,seriously.
If his kicking for goal was only better.
Heā€™s a freak.

1 Like

We should have organised Hird to give Joe some guidance on how to deal with career threatening injuries

Needs to look no further than his Uncle Neil

Depends if he is looking for a story about how to overcome his injuries

The way the season is playing out, Daniher will probably be ready for round oneā€¦ In August.

12 Likes

Probably not.

Heā€™s cost himself thousands by being ā€œonlyā€ a rookie, instead of a main draft player. And all reports from his career up to ~U14s said he looked good, but not that good.

Canā€™t imagine rookie base salaries are that much less if at all than low end ND picked players.

Rookies only generally get 1yr contracts. But the CatBā€™s seem to be able negotiate longer anyway so he might have a 2yr anyway.

Thanks @nackers your training reports might be the highlight of the year.

3 Likes

Hey @nackers can you confirm if the club has emailed you a link to upgrade your membership to ā€œBeyond the Fenceā€ category?

8 Likes

Great work Nackers - weā€™re blessed to have your dedicated reports.

5 Likes