Training Saturday 2/12/2023

Not long to go until the event catches up to this thread.

6 Likes

Nice Xmas present

9am ish start??

Nice and WET today

3 Likes

Oh my.

4 Likes

Conditions should suit Cox

12 Likes

Are you coming today @Stallion?

If he comes out with a raincoat on then we know he reads blitz.

Report from a friend: Jones may or may not have copped a spray carrying two pints of larger at the Hanger this morning.

5 Likes

OH MY

1 Like

Is something happening or are the fans still waiting in the rain for the players to appear?

If you think you can put up with Andy Maher while waiting for some news.

1 Like

Looks like the saga is a regular off-season click bait topic now

1 Like

David Rath has taught some of the players more about how to kick a football in the last two weeks than they have learnt over their whole careers.

Im not sure if that is good or concerning.

2 Likes

To me it suggests ‘player development’ hasn’t been a strong enough focus and / or unsuccessful.

Went to watch the boys train this morning but sadly i missed a huge chunk as they started at 8 am and not the normal 9:15 time. Was raining the whole time to obvious scrappy hard ball get match practice type work. Thought Tsatas had the best of clean hands in traffic.

Reid was training so thats a positive. Cox has stepped up his training and doing faster ongoing laps. Sense Cox is actually close to 100% but club being cautious. Jayden Davey i hear may start training with group as early as next Saturday. Duursma very close too.

Players have to hit certain metrics in running and each player is recorded. If a player has not met the standard required… they have to continue training and running until it is.

VFL boys also trained on the other oval. Got to meet Mat Rosa for a chat (he is overseeing some of the VFL program this year) Director Tim Roberts waa also watching on. I gave my honest feedback on the VFL program from a fan. Both understood and said it’s a huge priority. Paul Cousins told me on a recent podcast Tim watches the VFL train and has a passion for the VFL program to get right…and i was a bit skeptical… so was nice to see it in reality…VFL players all knew him and engaged closely with him. Players loved Rosa and Cara so it did come across some better momentum re engagement was happening. Met a few of the new playing recruits from interstate and both great guys. Ryan Eyre was there also.

123 Likes

If he’s teaching good practices then it is definitely a good thing.

Although, to be fair, 90% of the coaching could be just showing videos of Zach Merrett kicking and saying “see that? do that”.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Is this Tim Roberts the son of Saints 1958 Brownlow medalist Neil?

Don’t believe so.

1 Like