Training - Saturday 23/02/19

Gleeson is Cooked.

Absolutely, probs a month in the VFL I’d have thought.
I was including VFL, when I said I thought he’d be in doubt for R1.

thanks for the 90s throw back, looks almost like windy hill

2 Likes

Comprehensive report coming . Gonna try to match up on nackers and deckham and kick a bag.

2 Likes

Are you saying he’s in doubt for AFL or VFL round 1 (i.e. 25 or 38 days away?)

Geez how cheap was the phone?!

The phone I got from 3 back in 2004 took better photos than this.

4 Likes

A few notes i took down:

• Raz was rocking some Matrix style sunnies
  • Merrett looks fit as a fiddle now and was very agile at training. was snapping goals across the body
  • McNiece is very vocal and showed alot of leadership within the playing group. although i don’t think he will succeed at senior level, i can see him potentially pursuing a coaching role after his playing days
  • Caught Rutten chatting with Guelfi about goal kicking and finding the space to have a clear shot. Guelfi was taking alot of shots today.
  • Redman and Merrett - one guarding while the other tries to get a kick away to an onlooking coach. Skippy was overseeing this. Redman was getting frustrated after not being able to hit a target a few times. Zach was all over him
  • Mark Harvey with the socks pulled up giving tips to Franga and Ridley on marking. Saad and Hartley kicking to them.
23 Likes

$220. Xiaomi Mi A2

I think you guys are just spoiled from getting regular snaps from @CharlieDons & @karmabomber

7 Likes

Man they were the days, I had a 3 phone and it weighed as much as a fiat 500

9 Likes

I remember rocking the Nokia 3310 in high school

2 Likes

I still think the best phone I ever had was a Nokia 2220, that thing took an absolute beating (including a fall from a third story building) and still worked!

1 Like

My mail is that we should not raise our expectations with Marty
Apparently his injury was extremely serious
I would love to see him back in full flight though

2 Likes

Full squad completed handball drills and short kicks in the hanger. Seemed in good spirits there. A group of roughly 28 came out for a light session.
They were out for roughly 60 mins.

Started with 2 laps of the oval with some stretches in between

Myers, Raz and a couple of others ran another couple of laps and didn’t participate in the main group. Only person in the modified training group who came out was Joe who spent 25 mins goal kicking. His technique was strong and his kicks were accurate. Most kicks were 30 metres out.

Group completed some short kicks for a couple of mins then split into two groups. The first group played a six on sixish drill inside a forward 50. Defending group normally started with 1 and added another player every few seconds.
Francis decision making was on point and Zerrett was very vocal.
Hooker worked well in this group.
Long ran hard and presented
Zerk also worked well.

The other group were completing a 20 metre kick drill where one person was fed a ball from 5 different angles, quickly had to turn and hit someone without that person being able to move. The group there were in good spirit making a game of who could hit the most targets.
Ham was one of the best

End of the session had Redman and Zerrett completing some one on two avoidenence work then trying to hit a target.
Zac was a class above in this. No problem at all with his ankle. Constantly side stepping/moving which was great to see.
Redman missed a couple of targets, got in his own head and fell away. Zerrett did try to help him through it with some advice.

All in all it was a decent recovery session for the boys. No hard hits, no tackling but a bit of banter and smiles.

32 Likes

Raz showing off those weird sunnies.

Stole my thunder DAF. Spot on. This was EFC Training Lite. But the emphasis for the day was on short passing, keepings off and working on accuracy.

I added a couple of comments to this below.

13 Likes

McKenna was there. Was speaking to some makes near the coffee shop for 15 mins
Jok came in and out of the hanger
Mozzie was kicking on the ground around 9.45am
Saw Zaka as well walking in/out of the hanger
Marty was in the hanger as well. Doing handball drills.

I think they were all there apart from the four from AFLX last night (McGrath, Hurley, Shiel and Walla)

Rehab group did about 45-60 mins work in the hanger.

5 Likes

You’ve found yourself quite the little niche on Blitz.
Not one to be particularly proud of.
But you have found one.

11 Likes

just love this

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/

2 Likes

Players say who is tearing up the track :slight_smile:
McGrath: 10
McKenna 3
Clarke 3
Shiel 2
Mossy 2
Jok 2

I think we knew about #1 . #2 and #3 might be a surprise, as is Shiel with only 2 mentions. Then again Rolls Royce is not exactly a popular car.

1 Like

I love that Jok got a mention.