Training - Saturday 23/02/19

so do I
Hurls and TBC also got a mention

1 Like

Belly also got a mention for being tall.

4 Likes

Haha, that was funny.

1 Like

Love the reports, thanks again!

So Raz looked to be running okay? I remember someone posting a photo of him with an ice pack on his leg at the previous training session. Likely just a corkie if he was back running again a couple of days later, which is a relief.

1 Like

Yeah the ice pack was on top of his thigh near his knee. He took a knock but nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Great news, cheers.

1 Like

Myers mentioned Clarke because Clarke mentioned him.
Nice.

1 Like

To be fair, it appears Clarke is learning how to kick with hi non preferred. Today he scored 6/6 in the 20 metres passing drill off his preferred foot, which is not bad. However, he is trying to execute with the non preferred at times in drills and in these cases his kicks are a bit ā€œloopyā€ and less reliable.

6 Likes

So youā€™re saying it was a knock to the knee?

:grimacing:

1 Like

If they can get even get his kicking to an acceptable level then we have a very handy player on our hands.

Heā€™s very good inside and is not as slow as some make out.

3 Likes

I reckon his main issue at this stage is what heā€™s doing when not in the thick of a pack. His kicking is not as bad as it was.

5 Likes

D Clarke could be a big surprise

He is very hard inside and gets plenty of the ball

Its just what we need a hard body in the centre square to let the lighter speedsters do the outside work

3 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s always the most dificult part of transitioning from VFL level to AFL level because of the pace of the game.

One of the many reasons why I dislike young players playing too much VFL.

Was actually commenting on the clearly too subtle players in-joke re Myers being ā€˜most improvedā€™.

Good to see young players raising their banter level.

He will play Thursday no doubt
Watch his improvement

2 Likes

Iā€™m a fan.

I think if we do decide to go down the contested animal route then heā€™s probably the most obvious successor to Myers.

1 Like

Yes wsb. Understood. Its pretty clear some players treated it as joke, some took it seriously, some used it to offer encouragement to draftees.

1 Like

The common theme thoughā€¦ANDY McGRATH

1 Like

With JLT just a week away it does not look good for Hooker. He seems to have done very little pre-season.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Hooker didnā€™t play a JLT at all.

2 Likes