Training - Saturday 23/02/19

We’ll have the ‘where’s the team?’ thread, and then someone getting banned for posting the ‘where’s the team?’ thread because I don’t know why, and then the team will be named, and then we’ll complain about that and panic about players who haven’t been deemed fit enough, and then we’ll look at FC’s team and laugh and laugh and laugh.
Lots to do.

10 Likes

Does he though ?
How many games against us has he been in the Brownlow Votes ?

I’m not worried about the amount of work Merrett, Daniher and Hooker have done, I think they’ll be close to full fitness for round 1 and I’d be surprised if any of them didn’t play barring any more setbacks from Daniher.

Heppell has been on a special program the whole pre season, and I’m sure they will make sure he has done enough as well.

If we don’t get any more new injuries before the start of the season I think we’ll actually be very close to full strength.

If we don’t get anymore new injuries between now and the start of the season I expect us to be very close to full strength

5 Likes

Stewart would be a good match up for cripps

And I’ll be there :grin:

5 Likes

Maybe in size but I don’t think he has the agility. If you wanted a big lock down defender I would go with Ambrose but by the sounds of things that is unlikely to be happening as well

I think Stewarts acceleration, ability and ability to move sideways in congestion is excellent. Of course it’s never been tested in the midfield at the senior level but if be very interested to see to results. I think he moves better than Ambrose

1 Like

But it’s ok to let some one like Ed Curnow sit on Merret all day why are people against using taggers? you can bet every week when the opposition faces Essendon the coach will have stopping Merret as a priority on his white board.

2 Likes

Saw the fella at the Albion Hotel recently. Up close you forget how young these kids are, wished him the best for the season. Make or break for Dylan in 2019.

Cripps’ biggest problem is who he has around him, even if he wins first possession he can only pass it to one of his junk teammates.

2 Likes

He got the 3 votes.

I agree (the good) Curnow was their best.

Serious? He’s built like a daddy long legs, Cripps would bustle him off it every contest.

1 Like

Never say never, but surely you guys realise Woosha is never going to “Hard Tag” any opposition mid ?

He did it 4 or 5 times last year.

Sorry, I just realised you won’t understand that:

According to champion data, he did it 4 or 5 times last year.

The impression I get is he’s happy to have guys tagging, he doesn’t want to play one guy who can only play as a dedicated tagger.

2 Likes

There is a none to subtle difference between a “hard tag” and an accountable role, or, as we now know, the claytons “tagging” we do, as revealled at the Blitz BBQ

Really hoping that doesn’t mean the old ‘everyone’s (ie: no-one’s) responsibility’ chestnut.

It’s gonna be a long 4 days

1 Like

Players asked who has caught their eye the most during pre season

• McGrath, McKenna, Jok all get a lot of mentions.

Stewart also gives a shout out to Hurley for having the best pre season of his career

1 Like

That might be true, but I’d be curious for them to experiment with it nonetheless