Training, sort of, Friday 4th Sept

Weather: fine, light cloud, breeze from the north east & a very pleasant 24 degrees.

First of all I’ll apologise before I start for the brevity and inconclusiveness of observations today. I arrived at 11am and found out later that it started about 10:30 and subsequently finished about 11.30 - so a very light run.
On arrival the players were just breaking into 2 teams to play a very short game simulation- a number of trainers & staff made up numbers in the yellow team. They seemed to be working on keeping it in our forward line.

The red team looked like match day team & consisted of Forwards: Walla, Mozzie, Stringer, Hooksey, Stewart, Phillips (maybe covering for Joe?? who was there but didn’t do much that I saw).

Mids were Parish, Snelling, Langford, Draper, Merrett,Shiel, Hibberd & Guelfi on the wing.

Backs : Hepp, Gleeson, Hurley, Saad, BZT (did not see Ridley but they were at the far end so ??)

I was told Conor trained yesterday as well as Francis. Am guessing there were others also but the trainer I asked was busy so it was a short chat. Make of that what you will!

Laverde played with the yellow team & looked really good. He ran at speed and did running patterns with lots of change of direction. He also was kicking well & did extra work at the end. Hepp congratulated him on his movement & kicking.

Snelling, Langford, Parish, Hepp & Hibberd did some extra clearance work at the end.

Cahill ran laps on the B oval with Hird, Johnson & Ambrose.

Zakka walked the boundary chatting. Fantasia was there but didn’t seem to do anything. Hird, Ambrose & Johnson also rode the exercise bike.

Goal kicking practise at the end by Walla, Shiel, Snelling & a few others.

Boys headed off on the mini bus back to Twin Waters where I can assure you there are no strip clubs.

66 Likes

LAV

7 Likes

Francis training on separate days to Phillips?

THE PLOT THICKENS

39 Likes

Bring LAV in to replace McGrath in the Middle. Smash some cat carnts.

1 Like

You do NOT simply play LAV versus Geelong.

26 Likes

1 Like

what has happened to ze scratch matches?

WHERE THE FARK WAS JOE!!!

1 Like

On the fence?

6 Likes

Mitch Hibberd, Brayden Ham, Tom Cutler and Kobe Mutch loom as possible replacements for gun midfielder Andrew McGrath, who will miss the rest of the season with a syndesmosis injury

None of those are any where near “like for like”, its not a case of one soldier goes down, another takes his place.

23 disposals, 5 clearances , 9.5 contested. Would need to select 2 out of those players to replace him.

1 Like

I assumed it meant all of them at once to replace McGrath.

8 Likes

Well if you took Hibbereds size,Hams running capacity,Mutchs courage,and Tom Cutlers long kicking.

We’d have a player.

5 Likes

Still need a bit more.

I must admit I didn’t really notice him much - don’t think he was in the short match sim & afterwards was all a bit ad hoc.

Looked like Hibberd. Guess they reckon he’s the biggest of that bunch.

1 Like

Why not try Townsend in the middle? at least he’ll crash and bash to get the ball out

5 Likes

Because he’s rubbish?

4 Likes

He’s rubbish because he doesn’t rack up 30 disposals and 3 goals every week? couldn’t care if he gets fck all of the ball more than happy for him to just bury blokes like Danger,Duncan etc at the stoppages

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Townsend in the middle. We’ve seen Hibberd & it was not wonderful.

1 Like

We have nothing to lose really

1 Like