Training summary 22/01 (sadly no pics)

Very impressed with Hartley’s fitness and endurance.

Really unexpected to see a genuine kpd finishing top 5 in time trials and going to toe to toe with Ambrose.

Might be a real find

Inside word is that Hartley is training the house down and will slot into Cale’s old role at CHB. He plays tall and is strong.

So, Dean Solomon, will Ambrose make the transition to defender? Putting him on Yeades would be a bit of a joke. Like putting a Mack truck up against a dodgem car.

Yeah but what if there’s no overhead power to the dodgem car …!!!

So, Dean Solomon, will Ambrose make the transition to defender? Putting him on Yeades would be a bit of a joke. Like putting a Mack truck up against a dodgem car.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion here. In that circumstance the ball slipped out from a stoppage and they were the closest two players. I dont think they were a direct matchup - Paddy was marking a VFL forward for most of the game.
To answer your question about his transition, i hope he can make it but i’m not convinced.
I can see similarities when we put Hardingham back for his athleticism and while he could take the odd mark and make a great spoil, his greatest weakness was his disposal and this was often exposed by team who set up for the intercept.
In today’s game the good teams (Haw, WB, WC) set up to enticing you kick to an area which can be easily intercepted.
I’m not sure if i would have the confidence if Paddy had the ball in hand out of defense given his kick lacks penetration and often accuracy.
Perhaps if he keeps it simple he could be a success, but i am not holding my breath.
Obviously this is just my opinion, Woosha and the like obviously see something in him.

Inside word is that Hartley is training the house down and will slot into Cale's old role at CHB. He plays tall and is strong.

He did look good.
However it was wet and slippery, no forward was going to get a kick in those conditions.
Along with Harry Taylor, Cale’s intercept/contested marking is about 3 levels better than the next best in the country.
I think it is that attribute that we will miss the most this year.

Any observations on Ashby?

Inside word is that Hartley is training the house down and will slot into Cale's old role at CHB. He plays tall and is strong.

He did look good.
However it was wet and slippery, no forward was going to get a kick in those conditions.
Along with Harry Taylor, Cale’s intercept/contested marking is about 3 levels better than the next best in the country.
I think it is that attribute that we will miss the most this year.

Given Hooker was training as a forward we were probably going to have to learn how to deal without it anyway. A good challenge.

Is there training tomorrow does anyone know? Have the day off, keen to have a look.