Training Summary & Pics 2 March 2016

Training this morning was in mainly sunny but fairly hot conditions. The players were put through a series of training drills associated with evasion, speed of ball pick up and disposal, ball movement under pressure and ability to “get down low” in ball pick ups whilst maintaining balance against opposition bumps.

Players rested from the session: Parish, Crowley and Long
Players on modified programs: Nyuon, Wallis & Eades - all looked very close to returning to full training.
The good news - Leuenberger and Jamar completed the full session including contested work.

The training was upbeat with most of Sunday’s team looking well recovered.
The players will be at Community Camp (Seymour) for the next couple of days before moving to Shepparton.

Now a few pics…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Speed handball and eye coordination work by Wallis, Polkinghorne, Eades with the assistance of Skippy.

Walla rides the “bump bag” maintaining his balance and accurate disposal.

…Kommsy on the other hand, gets bumped over by the “■■■■ bag”, in the same exercise.

Zaka continues to show poise and concentration with all exercises.

Laverde & Francis - two boys destined to spend many hours together in the Bombers rise to glory.

Cheers for Report .
Much appreciated.

Cant wait to see Francis play a match.

Marty Party shows Kommsy a little of his Peter Pan evasion tricks!

Morgan and Walla - 2 elusive teammates, try their abilities out against each other.

Jayden is putting in big time to ensure he gets a gig in the team this weekend.

Zerrett is never out of the contest even when he’s on his knees.

Smack shows good judgment to take a clean mark against Brown and Leuenberger.

Awesome as usual :slight_smile:

And now a series of pics regarding Nathan Grima…he’s putting in the effort but on his own acknowledgement he’s struggling with recovery. Will be interesting to see how he’s managed in regard to game time?

Grima goes for the spoil and in the process…

…cops a heavy knock to the elbow region which seemed to hit a nerve and cause him some discomfort.

Grima has another attempt to spoil and keeps Joey honest.

…but in the process empties his tank and finishes up in running laps with Stokes and Kelly.

Meanwhile, Sam Grimley put some time into his accuracy in front of goal - with limited success! Work to be done!

You da man, KB.

Thanks karma. Superb as always.

For such a young kid zerret is a little ball of muscle

Great stuff KB. Any thoughts on Parish and how he has pulled up after the first hit out? General soreness or maybe a niggle?

Training this morning was in mainly sunny but fairly hot conditions. The players were put through a series of training drills associated with evasion, speed of ball pick up and disposal, ball movement under pressure and ability to "get down low" in ball pick ups whilst maintaining balance against opposition bumps.

Players rested from the session: Parish, Crowley and Long
Players on modified programs: Nyuon, Wallis & Eades - all looked very close to returning to full training.
The good news - Leuenberger and Jamar completed the full session including contested work.

The training was upbeat with most of Sunday’s team looking well recovered.
The players will be at Community Camp (Seymour) for the next couple of days before moving to Shepparton.

know henceforth as The Langford drill

That’s a great pic Karma … text book form for you young players out there … opposite arm doing the sieg heil for perfect body balance on the ball drop/delivery stride.

Looks to have really skinny pins in that photo though …

so can we expect to get a look at francis, morgan and laverde this weekend. We’ll be interesting to see who they spell as they might prefer to save some of the seniors from a trip to perth

out: Ashby (ankle), Gwilt, Crowley, Zaha, Kommer (all rested)

IN: ■■■■, laverde, bags, francis, morgan

then in the last week you’d leave out BJ, MIchael, ZMerret, Parish, Bird and bring in Zaha, Crowley, Kelly, Stokes and Jamar/lueny

Something like that.

Great stuff KB. Any thoughts on Parish and how he has pulled up after the first hit out? General soreness or maybe a niggle?

I’m guessing at general soreness as he did work pretty hard and covered heaps of territory. Could well be the same as Crowley who may also be feeling sore after his first competitive hit out for 12 months.

so can we expect to get a look at francis, morgan and laverde this weekend. We'll be interesting to see who they spell as they might prefer to save some of the seniors from a trip to perth

out: Ashby (ankle), Gwilt, Crowley, Zaha, Kommer (all rested)

IN: ■■■■, laverde, bags, francis, morgan

then in the last week you’d leave out BJ, MIchael, ZMerret, Parish, Bird and bring in Zaha, Crowley, Kelly, Stokes and Jamar/lueny

Something like that.

Think you’ll find they want Grima in the 26 over in Perth - if only to get him at least a 1/2 of footy.

In this years pre season have we seen Smack tried at CHF? I don’t recall seeing him there on Sunday.

In this years pre season have we seen Smack tried at CHF? I don't recall seeing him there on Sunday.

Yes he has been used there during pre-season but not (I think) since Sam Grimley has arrived. His mobility will enable him to be used in a number of different roles.

thanks karma

Thanks KB. Loving your instagram also.

When I grow up I’m going to buy a big-■■■ camera and attend every training and every game. Love your work KB.

In this years pre season have we seen Smack tried at CHF? I don't recall seeing him there on Sunday.
He was there the first quarter, while Michael rucked. We weren't very good that first quarter, I can understand how you would miss it...