Training Summary & Pics 2 March 2016

Many thanks to KB and all the others for great reports, 2 hour one way trips in the city are not the go for me on the great ocean road.

Training this morning was in mainly sunny but fairly hot conditions. The players were put through a series of training drills associated with evasion, speed of ball pick up and disposal, ball movement under pressure and ability to "get down low" in ball pick ups whilst maintaining balance against opposition bumps.

Players rested from the session: Parish, Crowley and Long
Players on modified programs: Nyuon, Wallis & Eades - all looked very close to returning to full training.
The good news - Leuenberger and Jamar completed the full session including contested work.

The training was upbeat with most of Sunday’s team looking well recovered.
The players will be at Community Camp (Seymour) for the next couple of days before moving to Shepparton.

Now a few pics…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Laverde & Francis - two boys destined to spend many hours together in the Bombers rise to glory.

I love the way his hands are right down there, his head is over the ball and his eyes are focussed right on it. He won’t fumble that pickup.

Fantastic work as always Karmabomber.

Thanks very much!

Thanks KB. A highlight of my week.

Top work KB

Rapt that Leuey back into full training and did the whole session.

Heres hoping the Achilles issue is done now and he can stay on the park. Will be vitally important for us because without our first choice clearance players there we absolutely need him giving us first use.

Good to hear Ashby and Ambrose are cleared to play this week. We need as many numbers available as possible this year.

And now a series of pics regarding Nathan Grima.....he's putting in the effort but on his own acknowledgement he's struggling with recovery. Will be interesting to see how he's managed in regard to game time?

Issues with recovery in regards to general soreness or issues with back?

Hope it’s not the latter!

And now a series of pics regarding Nathan Grima.....he's putting in the effort but on his own acknowledgement he's struggling with recovery. Will be interesting to see how he's managed in regard to game time?

Issues with recovery in regards to general soreness or issues with back?

Hope it’s not the latter!

Don’t think it’s back related at present. Just needs to build his stamina up again.

Training photos always bring a smile to my face, thanks KB!

Hopefully Grima gains his stamina… tough ask at his age and with his history of injuries

I would think the last NAB we’d try to put close to our best 22 out?

Fantastic as usual KB

Thanks Guys.

I would think the last NAB we'd try to put close to our best 22 out?

I know that is the traditional strategy… but considering the game is in Perth then maybe that alters the thinking a bit? Not sure but I would prefer the older blokes to be fresher and training in Melb rather than sweating it out in the WA heat and doing 12hrs of travel

I know that is the traditional strategy… but considering the game is in Perth then maybe that alters the thinking a bit? Not sure but I would prefer the older blokes to be fresher and training in Melb rather than sweating it out in the WA heat and doing 12hrs of travel

Even though there is another 13 days before round 1 after NAB Weagles match in Perth, wouldn’t want Grima and any other of the older guys with significant injury histories spending too long cramped up in a plane seat.

Yep. Last NAB game 2017.