Training Summary & Pics 22 April 2016

Cool, breezy conditions for training this morning but I high level of enthusiasm by the boys. Only player missing from training was Laverde. Francis did light jogging work without a calf support. Training definitely emphasised using pace and directional changes of players with multiple lead options to be offered at all times. It also trialled different scenarios to break through flooded forwardline movement.

It will be interesting to see who gets the 4 bench spots as Collingwood has gone with a tall forward line that may stretch us.

Here’s some pics from today…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The boys line up for a new exercise that has nothing to do with downhill skiing nor the Stawell Easter Gift!

The Crowls and Yestin enjoyed the complexity of the exercise.

Mark Jamar seemed to have difficulty guiding his Titanic body through the poles.

Aaron Francis goes for a light jog whilst his teammates get a 10 minute rev up in the Hangar for Monday’s game.

Tippa/Walla has altered his body shape and is now moving into sports gear modelling!

No matter whether he’s in the ones or the VFL, Kommsy keeps the energy level of training high.

Walla shows he can not only model gear, but he can take a mark at pace and deliver to a target.

‘Bluey’ McKenna gets double-teamed by “the brothers”, much to the amusement of Leueny!

Zaka continues to set the example at training. Time for another match winning game Zaka.

Shauny Edwards is given some timely advice from a Corky Brother.

Wil Hams continues to do what he does best - get the ball, feed the ball off!

Thank God at least Zaka stayed down for the crumbs!

Raz shows a bit of razmatazz during marking practice.

“Hey guys. Our sponsor is Kia, not Toyota!”

Orazio demonstrates the new headlock handball.

Marty Gleeson takes a clean grab, watched admiringly by Raz and Gwilty.

Harvs & co. enjoy a lighthearted moment with part of our backline.

Woosha is able to find a funny side to answering dumb media questions.

Cheers for the report and pics!

Did McKernan train?

Did McKernan train?

Yep. Trained well and seemed in good spirits. Expect to seem him line up at Victoria Park on Sunday. I still haven’t worked out how he’s not back in the seniors unless he’s still carrying a sore foot (but it’s not observable during training)?

Did McKernan train?

Good question but he did say the only one to miss was LAV.

Is it just me or does Francis look as if he has trimmed down a bit since being drafted? Looks fitter.

Thanks, KB

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Zaka continues to set the example at training. Time for another match winning game Zaka.

Looks like hes held together with tape…thanks for the reports and pics as always

Couldn’t finish without giving BJ a chance to show off his new footy boots. Get to the Captain’s Run on Sunday morning and see for yourself!

Is it just me or does Francis look as if he has trimmed down a bit since being drafted? Looks fitter.

I thought that too. He is starting to get some definition.

Ta KB . Love your reports

thanks again Karma. love those tippa photos

Couldn't finish without giving BJ a chance to show off his new footy boots. Get to the Captain's Run on Sunday morning and see for yourself!

Thanks Karma for report and pic’s.

(love his new boots, glad you and him are showing them off)

Awesome as always KB, thanks heaps

So many smiling faces in your photos Karma B, Feels good to know that the boys are enjoying footy. Thats enough for me. Thats what a footy club should be about !

Many many thanks KB. You’re an absolute legend!!

Thanks KB for the pix & training updates
For those of us outside of Melbourne it gives us an insight we’d never get to witness otherwise
Love Ya work

Thanks for the update and pics. Good to see the guys all happy.

Lots of smiles around the place <3

Thanks KB. Love your work.

It’s TIPMAS. Everyone’s happy.