Training Summary & Pics 25 Feb 2016

The increased level of energy and plenty of talking was evident at today’s session. You sense the boys are keen to get into the “real thing”. Lots of stoppages and clearances work again with a short practice session at ball movement. Leueny has upped his workload and was being tested on Etihad regarding his flexibility. Yestin Eades, Francis, Gach and Redman were also on less than full loads. I did not notice Jamar at today’s session.

The level of energy was noticeable in the competitive nature of the players to each element of the training. A few photos to follow…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Paddy, Yestin, Gach and Tommy work on ball focus!

Walla is about to make love to the leather.

The more I see of Orazio the more I’m convinced he’s a walk up start for 2016. Bring on the pasta!!

Shaun decides to use Mason Redman as his step ladder.

The Langford and Marty Party do their best impression of Swan Lake!

Jakey Long welcomes Nathan Grima to the Bombers.

that’s grima?from that angle he could be Ambrose’s twin

Mason Redman focusses on the lead. His kicking is already at an advanced level.

Matty Stokes shows Razza he still needs to work on his evasive skills.

Bags has shown he’s up to the task of leading by example.

Michael Hartley is an advanced version of Kevin Walsh (for those old enough to remember). Not necessarily pretty but very effective.

Aaron Francis hits packs like a steam train and generally impacts the contest in a positive way for his team.

Orazio stood out at training today so for the fans…a close up!

Has anyone seen the movie “The Burbs”? Bearded Francis looks like the guy from that.

Go Walla!

jebus francis is solid for a kid, him and joey d splitting packs all game would be awesome to watch

Franger … ugly, ugly beard.

Crowley is still grinning.

Bags has shown he’s up to the task of leading by example.

Crowls has an awesome expression in ever second training photo of him. It’s already funny, can wait until he is annoying opponents.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Michael Hartley is an advanced version of Kevin Walsh (for those old enough to remember). Not necessarily pretty but very effective.

So how many times did the footy bounce off his head when he went for the mark, then?

Great work Karma Bomber. Some of the best photos I’ve seen on this site. Well done!

haven’t heard much about Redman so far but good to hear he is a quality kick…great pics KB.

Just going off the little snippets I’ve read but would anyone see Orazio and Morgan as pushing for similar roles, little bit X factor, smart forward types? The impression I get is they’re both very smart and skilful, just wondering, and hoping I guess if they’re marked for distinct roles - maybe one or the other is more potentially a mid/forward. Obviously Fantasia is a fair way in front right now.

Great job with the pics. Much appreciated.

Morgan has impressed as an onballer/midfielder. I think Razza can be used in a multitude of roles - attacking wingman, half forward, forward pocket goal sneak and certainly, as a relief midfielder.

Giving Hartley the Kevin Walsh comparison is fraught. Though Spitta did play in 2 flags and win the E.J Whitten medal:)

Giving Hartley the Kevin Walsh comparison is fraught. Though Spitta did play in 2 flags and win the E.J Whitten medal:)

I may regret it - we’ll see :#

Ta for that, it did occur to me that the game’s long since moved to the point where you’d want half the team able to go through the middle at any time. Guess these two players have been on my radar because of those attributes and I really think you can’t have enough smart players out there at the same time. The exciting thing for 17-18 is it seems like we’ve actively gone after nouse as well as dedication - recipe that went well in 2000.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mason Redman focusses on the lead. His kicking is already at an advanced level.

I’m looking forward to watching Redman develop and get a few games under his belt.

Thanks for posting the pics, KB. We are so spoilt!