Training Summary & Pics 25 Feb 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mason Redman focusses on the lead. His kicking is already at an advanced level.

I’m looking forward to watching Redman develop and get a few games under his belt.

Thanks for posting the pics, KB. We are so spoilt!

After what Bomber supporters have been through over the past few years, I think we can all do with being spoilt occasionally! :slight_smile:

LEAVE WALSHY ALONE!

(was my favourite player when I was a kid)

Of all the players in what was arguably the best team(s) in history - seriously?

Vander for me, if only we had a guy like him in our team now. Take hangers and kick 70 meter goals with a broken leg

Vander for me, if only we had a guy like him in our team now. Take hangers and kick 70 meter goals with a broken leg..........and a hangover

Fixed

LEAVE WALSHY ALONE!

(was my favourite player when I was a kid)

He was a top bloke. And his mo was awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bags has shown he’s up to the task of leading by example.

Crowls has an awesome expression in ever second training photo of him. It’s already funny, can wait until he is annoying opponents.

I was going to say, does he ever stop smiling?

Its infectious - in a good way

Im excited to see him play on Sunday in some decent colours

Of all the players in what was arguably the best team(s) in history - seriously?

Being a WWII fighter pilot ace earns plenty of credits.

Vander for me, if only we had a guy like him in our team now. Take hangers and kick 70 meter goals with a broken leg

Fark yeah. He was one of my favourite players and not just because we shared the same first name and both played CHF. Loved the way he crashed packs, took hangers, kicked big goals…and then went off and had a durrie and tinnie to relax.

Aaah, the good old times.

Thanks for these pics Karma! I am loving all the photos this year, really makes me feel closer to the club and players. Even though I am so far away.

Karmabomber you are an absolute legend. Brilliant photos.
I hope you realise how much this fantastic service is appreciated by all of us.

The one bloke i haven’t read anything positive about in the pre-season is mitch brown. How is he looking? i think in the practice games he had a few kicked on him as well, i had high hopes for him this year, at his age he should be hitting the ground running. Any updates?

The one bloke i haven't read anything positive about in the pre-season is mitch brown. How is he looking? i think in the practice games he had a few kicked on him as well, i had high hopes for him this year, at his age he should be hitting the ground running. Any updates?

I still haven’t gotten around to posting the full story of the intra club last Friday, but Mitch did well there IMO, and later, in the convo I had with Mark Harvey I mentioned, one of the last things I asked him was, “Who’s your bolter?” … “Who do you think will really surprise us and step up?” his answer was unequivocally, “Mitch Brown” Hw was really,… really happy with him.

I was more referring to our 1 & 2 year draftees, but as he was having lunch, I didn’t push it.

And then of course there was this, … which is about as positive a piece of news as you could get on him …

New contract for untried Don Mitch Brown

Nick Bowen February 16, 2016 6:39 PM

Mitch Brown has earned a contract extension with the Bombers.

MITCH Brown has seized his second AFL opportunity this summer at Essendon, with the tall set to be rewarded for an impressive pre-season with a one-year contract extension.

Brown joined the Bombers on a one-year contract after being taken at pick No.54 in last year’s NAB AFL Draft, but AFL.com.au understands the 25-year-old is on the verge of re-signing until the end of 2017.

The key-position player shapes as an important player for Essendon this season as it seeks to cover the loss of 12 players suspended for 2016 on anti-doping charges by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last month.

Brown, 196cm and 93kg, is capable of playing at both ends of the ground, so could be used to provide support to Joe Daniher in attack or to cover the loss of suspended trio Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley and Tayte Pears in defence.

Brown was a first-round selection in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, taken at pick No.15 overall by Geelong.

The former Sandringham Dragon struggled to break into the powerhouse Cats team of that time, playing 15 games in six seasons on the Geelong list before being delisted at the end of 2014.

Brown came onto Essendon’s radar when he filled in as a top-up player during the 2015 NAB Challenge, when all of the club’s remaining 2012-listed players voluntarily sat out the pre-season competition ahead of the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal verdict in the long-running anti-doping case.

The swingman was one of the Bombers’ best players across its three pre-season games last season before joining Sandringham in the VFL, where he enjoyed an outstanding year.

Brown starred in the Zebras’ 2015 finals campaign, kicking five goals against Collingwood’s VFL team and four against Box Hill, after being shifted from defence to attack in both games.

thanks KB. you rock.

Thanks Karma

That was a glorious goal, completely stuffed Richmond’s 2Q comeback, I have never seen so many players demoralised because of one kick. Jack Dyer didn’t stop talking about it for 10 years.

RAZA

That was a glorious goal, completely stuffed Richmond’s 2Q comeback, I have never seen so many players demoralised because of one kick. Jack Dyer didn’t stop talking about it for 10 years.

I still remember that one clearly. Was utterly gobsmacked - speechless. And the fact it was against Richmond made it all the sweeter. Probably rivals Malcolm Blight’s torp goal from the wing.

MUST LEARN FACES AND NAMES QUICKLY

I still remember that one clearly. Was utterly gobsmacked - speechless. And the fact it was against Richmond made it all the sweeter. Probably rivals Malcolm Blight’s torp goal from the wing.

Further, he kicked from the point of the centre square and it landed 15 rows back.