Training Thursday 10/12/20

3 Likes

I really havenā€™t seen much of Jones at all. Would you say heā€™s filled out a bit and also do you think he will be in line for a semi regular game this year? I would imagine he will still be in front of the lads we drafted last night but with all these talls going to be very interesting to see which one comes on fist.

2 Likes

What are they?

Yeh he came in very skinny but his body has filled out quite a bit now. Josh Eyre (Calder team mate) mentioned his work rate and constant running at high speed makes him very hard to stop. Jones nain influence is Nick Reiwoldt and he wants to play that style

5 Likes

I thought this the other day, theres absolutely no way bodies can change that significantly in such a short period of time. Not humanly possible without prohibited substances.

Should be an alright year next season.
Especially less injuries looks like and less distractions and a clearer focus for players on the rebuild of next couple of years

Did Johnson train fully? Thatā€™s good news if he did.

1 Like

No he didnā€™t . Still in the modified group but ran laps pretty well. Sense a few weeks away and probably needs to pick up some extra fitness.

3 Likes

The way out list is balanced at the moment, could be a big year for him

4 Likes

If the hub scratch matches taught us anything, itā€™s that 200cm players are suitable to use as small defenders.

Hence our draftingā€¦

6 Likes

Very interesting to see the blokes who have come back earlier than required. It tells you a lot about the character of those blokes, particularly those around the fringe of the team.

Itā€™s just as telling blokes who are also on the edges of the team who arenā€™t there. Fair enough that they dont need to be there just yet. And even more fair enough next year when they get delisted.

Was that a beautiful kick for passing and/or a beautiful kick for goals?

When Blitz seeā€™s his beautiful kickingā€¦

1 Like

Both I think. One of the things Iā€™ve really like about the players weā€™ve picked up this year is they all apparently are really good kicks which will be a nice change. @CJohns was telling me as an example that Eyre apart from testing brilliantly is one of the best kicks in the whole draft pool.

2 Likes

Gerard Healy has entered the chat

17 Likes

The better we get at hitting targets the better will be our footy.

3 Likes

We donā€™t have many other midfield options his age.

It also may suggest that international holidays and training trips are a tad harder this year.

2 Likes

Nickers hold nackers.

3 Likes

Although on the bright side, you could make it in the Choir as a soprano. :smirk:

2 Likes