Training Thursday 21st Feb - Match Sim

Thanks - love the individual player reports. How good is it that Stringer is flying… under the radar til now it seems! He must be relishing the lack of media scrutiny these days.

1 Like

Kept a eye out today at a few of the boys

Stringer- Geez I’m excited about this bloke, loves the hard stuff and at times made it look so easy. The power he has in his hips to keep standing during a tackle is insane the to break it then snap a goal…Impressive.

Daniher- Looked good at the start taking some strong marks against Ambrose in the first quarter. I did notice at one stage when awarded a free kick 15m out he did look to be staging for the free kick with the arms out and looking at the umpire, Heard a player telling him to knock it off and wasn’t needed.

Ham- i’m really impressed by his composure with the ball, makes the play look like it’s in slow motion at times and the way he found space on the wing and drill the ball onto Stewarts chest was a thing of beauty.

Z Clark- competed well against Bellchambers at stages and covered the ground well, I was really surprised how well he control the ball at ground level very clean for his height.

Francis- Played on Stringer today and was beaten fair to say, not to say he didn’t play well to say the least. Took a few kick ins and was pleased to see how relaxed he looks when doing it. I just love seeing him read the play and the way he times his marks is really something special.

38 Likes

Who took the bulk of the kick-ins for their respective sides? And any tactics displayed, or typical Essington?

1 Like

Great report man thanks very much.

Love the stuff about the Stringer. I always said he would become a clearance gun - before he broke his leg as a gun junior player he played through the middle & it was a defo part of the strategy to bring him to the Dons.

A fitter Stringer is frightening thing / I’ll take it a step further & say he can be better than a De Goey & Patracca - Dusty like and become one of the games elites.

I wonder if he gave Francis a serving playing today cause Stringer is a master sledger & Francis is not. Perhaps that effected Francis’ game a little. Just a theory though.

If that’s the case, I hope that Francis can learn how to deal with the sledge better.
Can see teams using that as a weapon to upset him. When Francis is able to play his natural game he is sublime, but me thinks the sledge might get under his skin and just borher him a bit.

The gun alpha players in the group know the game is played on a mental and physical landscape.

3 Likes

Anyone heard if Saturday training is cancelled this week? The next training is next Wednesday, according to the website.

The club did say today wasn’t on though, right?

They’re all good. Just a bit of blitz humour

1 Like

Also heard Gleeson talking about his ankle in the modified group saying he wasn’t in any pain but it felt like something wasn’t right when he was running. Finished the session anyway and was running around 60% pace.

4 Likes

Stringer was very good but best move of the day was definitely Harvey on the sausages.

8 Likes

Was Harvey being a smart ■■■■

What about the 6-6-6 set up, anything to take note of?

Thanks to all for the reports!

I think the 6 6 6 set up is going to free the game up a bit. Goals from the centre square could be really quick.

1 Like

Polarizing comment

16 Likes

Agree. Good players that seem to find room in the congestion will love the new center rules. The players that are often on the end of 2nd/3rd chain possessions may have greater chance to score running into 50. Thinking Langford and Myers for this.

Joe after playing in the match sim then spent along time on the second oval. Zerret played a half or quarter and also spent a lot of time on the 2nd oval.
Imgur

1 Like

Playing rock paper scissor, and some hopscotch in the event of a draw

1 Like

Worse WOB he took everyone’s hammy with him as well and even 2 from @heathermills

1 Like

The Package to deliver this year!!! This will be fricken awesome!

4 Likes

No-one said he’s done a hammy.

Razzle got a knock on the thigh… no hammy

4 Likes

Love this bloke worth every pick

3 Likes