Training Thursday 21st Feb - Match Sim

Yes same here, I probably even though he was a bit overrated and couldn’t understand all the hype.

I’m really glad that kick to himself was caught on film, it was at the far end of the ground and I had the binoculars on it, I think I was the only one that saw it and I was raving about how good it was while everyone else must have thought I was a madman.

But really that exhibition yesterday completely changed my opinion on him as to his potential. The thing was he wasn’t even marking everything in sight, a lot of the time they were just scrubby ground balls which weren’t delivered to him perfectly but he had the strength and pace to nearly do what he liked.

If he can replicate anything like that in a game, and then you throw in Daniher, Fanta, Tippa, and potentially Smack (another one Rob Harding praised for having a great pre season) and I think we would have the clear best forward line in the game, extremely difficult to stop.

14 Likes

Without being silly about it - when he bursts out of a pack and wheels around for the pass/kick it is a lot like D Martin.

2 Likes

Jok marking Ridley as well… does that mean Ridley is playing on a wing?

1 Like

He’s got all the tricks and skills to become one the best players in the comp… if he has the desire to do so and the work ethic to make it happen.

3 Likes

So is there actually a training session tomorrow?

there was a saturday session listed on the site previously and now its not there anymore.

Yes that is probably about the closest I could think of in todays players, except I think Stringer is even physically stronger than Martin. I really can’t think of anyone else with his combination of size, strength, speed and skill

Unfortunately it’s a bit of anyone’s guess. The vast majority of sessions aren’t advertised but from what I heard midweek I think it will be on. I hope you don’t have a wasted trip again though.

thanks. im only a 5-10 minute drive away so its not a big deal for me. ill post if i see anyone out there

if Jake is even half as smooth as Deano he’ll kill it

7 Likes

Weighing up the probabilities how much will he tare it up on a scale of 1 to 10 ?

6 Likes

Well, not as much as Saad.

1 Like

Is it worth calling the club today to ask? I want to go down tomorrow with the family but don’t want to drive all that way for nothing.

Ha didn’t even notice.

Give them a call and ask them if it’s worth giving them a call.
They’d know for sure.

4 Likes

I remember someone saying here they called the club to ask and they said there wasn’t a session but they ended up having one.

It was more so to ask if anyone has had the experience and if you would get an honest answer… Or if the proson picking up the phone would have any idea.

Just saw Mark Harvey at my local cafe off Flinders Lane. Pretty sure he had the Hurley kick-in strategy drawing in his hand.

1 Like

Sometimes they lie - sometimes the person you are speaking to doesn’t know, pretends not to know, knows but is wrong, doesn’t know but is right. During off-season, there is a 90% chance there will be training Mon/Weds/Fri. Sometimes there are short breaks after a very heavy session or public holidays. We are approaching season start now, with JLT next week. Till then, I can’t see the above changing. I don’t know how far away you are, but if you take the punt and it doesn’t work out, have a coffee or breakfast in the cafe, peruse the historical photographs and paintings, ogle the 16 championship cups, buy crappy stuff from the Bomber Shop, etc. You may even bump into someone semi-famous.

3 Likes

I am planning to go up to the club on Saturday, but it may just be a recovery session after yesterday ?
Daf, if you call the club, please post the result . Its a 90 minute drive out there from the Mornington Peninsula and I have had bad experiences with Saturday morning traffic out that way.

So are you thinking of going out there then?

1 Like

I am deeply offended.