Training Thursday 21st Feb - Match Sim

Hah. Oh, well if I see you at a game I will buy you a beer, token of thanks for the training reports you did this preseason. This would apply to Nackers as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, as if you’re only SEMI famous

I called the club but the phone rang out. I’ll try again later on in the day.

I checked the open training session details in Jan and they had tomorrow as the only Saturday session. It has now been taken off the website.

Luckily we are only 20 mins from club. For us it’s more so the trouble of getting a 3 yr old and an 8 month old in the car.

Once I get in contact with them I’ll post here.

2 Likes

The ‘open session’ thing is really just an indication that you might get an autograph with someone. They are just the tip of the iceberg with regards to training.

I have a suspicion that the Saturday training is actually an interclub game with a standalone VFL side, so it may be at Port Melb or Williamstown. The club usually plays one interclub game in the lead up. That game if it happens so soon after Thursday, would involve just the AFL “squad” and probably be kept under wraps.

Call me a paranoid old bastardo if you like, but as you know, VFL players work during the week and the weekend is the only time available , unless its night footy during the week.

If they are having a practice match, it wont be at Port Melbourne. They just recently layed new turf and they havent even put the goal posts back up yet. went past it this morning

1 Like

If it was a recovery session it would be done today of some sort.

Brilliant!

There won’t be another 'full scale match sim or practice game" before next Thurdays JLT game, its now a 7 day break between “matches”. Probably a lightish session tomorrow if that.

1 Like

So I take it we are no longer worried about Stringer’s body shape now?

2 Likes

No, those concerns have now been moved onto Saad…

5 Likes

Stringer fasted with Saad during Ramadan last year. Reciprocal Transmigration of the fat and the fast appears to have been the result. As Blitz has noted many times, Stringer was a morbidly obese fat fark who is now the best and most svelte, speedy player in the league by a very fat margin, whereas Saad is just a fat tub of margarine who can’t and won’t spread like he used to.

7 Likes

Imagine if he was a tub of butter, he wouldn’t be able to spread at all

4 Likes

42 Likes

Have to add DIDLEY DEE POTATOES to Oirish

2 Likes

BBQ on the deck ,wind blowing this way .@Hambo the grill master . how to not concentrate at training.

1 Like

Yep, that’s right.
From memory he hasn’t really been used there in VFL?

No I don’t think he has

The thing I remember from Laverde’s early games was he loved a one-two on the wing. Would sprint like crazy for it. Starting from half-back is an easy way to do that.

The odd bit of stats pumping goes on in the VFL. Like Clark to Mutch ? But never as blatant as HeathShaw2 HeathShaw, HeathShaw2HeathShaw… or Ablett to anybody who will give it back to him.

1 Like