Training: Thursday 28/4

Guys had a good session today. Mood good, I’d say probably after yesterday’s news though had to wonder how guys like Grima and Grimley must be feeling, both hoping this won’t be their last year at Tullamarine.
They had some one on one drills where forward would lead to the kick and defender would impede, pushing and blocking within rules. It was five or six repeat contests.
Edwards was amazing, his little stutter steps and acceleration too much for Grima. Edwards also prominent in match simulation running straight ahead with ball not sideways or backwards.
McKenna beat Kelly a few times in one on one drill, he has something special.
Long was great again today, I would not be surprised if he’s best 22 next year.
Francis ran laps at good pace, Hams too
Morgan trained fully.

Thanks Begbie. Pleasing to hear Morgan is progressing well. I look forward to him stringing together some solid footy in the second half of the season, if not a little earlier even.

IN: EDWARDS

Pleasing to hear good things about Long, Edwards & Morgan is Back hopefully he plays VFL soon.
Interesting to hear that Grima and Grimley want to stick around.
I think Grimley could be a (3rd rnd pick) similar to Mitch Brown after his stint last year as a topup.
Cause of Grimas age, I don’t think anyone lese would want him except North.
Grima really needs to play a few senior games if he wants to stick around.

Fingers Crossed Long and Silvagni debut this week.

Thanks Begbie. Good to hear Shauny is showing some of his stuff! Love to see him strut it on the big stage.

Guys had a good session today. Mood good, I'd say probably after yesterday's news though had to wonder how guys like Grima and Grimley must be feeling, both hoping this won't be their last year at Tullamarine. They had some one on one drills where forward would lead to the kick and defender would impede, pushing and blocking within rules. It was five or six repeat contests. Edwards was amazing, his little stutter steps and acceleration too much for Grima. Edwards also prominent in match simulation running straight ahead with ball not sideways or backwards. McKenna beat Kelly a few times in one on one drill, he has something special. Long was great again today, I would not be surprised if he's best 22 next year. Francis ran laps at good pace, Hams too Morgan trained fully.

That’s a good report Begbie… thankyou.

Why would you practice defender impeding within the rules? It won’t help our forwards for match simulation…

Morgan! Get him in!

Haha Grima has about as much chance of being on the list next year as Hal Hunter!

People do realise that Grimley and Grima aren’t on our list next year, right? We have no dibs or obligations or anything. In Grima’s case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?

In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
Well, he's shown the ability to beat some of the highest-paid AFL forwards...

How was Redman tracking? thanks for the update!

People do realise that Grimley and Grima aren't on our list next year, right? We have no dibs or obligations or anything. In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
In a video earlier in the year he mentioned that he was getting in 'Jackets' ear to enable him to be picked up for next year.

Was there any sort of ‘getting around’ Long as if he’d been told he’s in?

IN: EDWARDS

Momentum.

SHAUNY E

Was there any sort of 'getting around' Long as if he'd been told he's in?
Nah not while I was there
People do realise that Grimley and Grima aren't on our list next year, right? We have no dibs or obligations or anything. In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
In a video earlier in the year he mentioned that he was getting in 'Jackets' ear to enable him to be picked up for next year.

Yep what he said.
Why would Grima come back from such a serious injury just to play a few games this year? He will be 31 next year. If we don’t draft him someone will.

As for Grimley he’s 25. I haven’t heard but I’d expect he would want to play AFL next year and not WAFL or whatever.

Why would you practice defender impeding within the rules? It won't help our forwards for match simulation...

Well largely within the rules.
Why would they practice scragging and putting guys in wrestling holds and hitting guys in the back of head when they are leading?

In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
Well, he's shown the ability to beat some of the highest-paid AFL forwards...

To be fair though, my girlfriend (who slept most of the 2nd and 3rd at the game) could also have done the job quite easily