Training: Thursday 28/4

People do realise that Grimley and Grima aren't on our list next year, right? We have no dibs or obligations or anything. In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
In a video earlier in the year he mentioned that he was getting in 'Jackets' ear to enable him to be picked up for next year.

Yep what he said.
Why would Grima come back from such a serious injury just to play a few games this year? He will be 31 next year. If we don’t draft him someone will.

As for Grimley he’s 25. I haven’t heard but I’d expect he would want to play AFL next year and not WAFL or whatever.

Yes but we have no credits to take them before anyone else. If they’re worth it at the AFL and want it they won’t care which side they go to, Essendon or otherwise. Hooker re-signing would be meaningless to them.

I want SHAUNYE to have the greatest footballing renaissance in history.

People do realise that Grimley and Grima aren't on our list next year, right? We have no dibs or obligations or anything. In Grima's case where has the idea he even wants another year come from?
In a video earlier in the year he mentioned that he was getting in 'Jackets' ear to enable him to be picked up for next year.

Yep what he said.
Why would Grima come back from such a serious injury just to play a few games this year? He will be 31 next year. If we don’t draft him someone will.

As for Grimley he’s 25. I haven’t heard but I’d expect he would want to play AFL next year and not WAFL or whatever.

Yes but we have no credits to take them before anyone else. If they’re worth it at the AFL and want it they won’t care which side they go to, Essendon or otherwise. Hooker re-signing would be meaningless to them.

You know people get we have no claim on them, right? You don’t need to keep repeating.

Footballers are no different to anyone else. If they are happy coming to a club five days a week then they would probably prefer to stay there in 2017.

Thanks for taking the time to do the report Begbie.

Guys had a good session today. Mood good, I'd say probably after yesterday's news though had to wonder how guys like Grima and Grimley must be feeling, both hoping this won't be their last year at Tullamarine. They had some one on one drills where forward would lead to the kick and defender would impede, pushing and blocking within rules. It was five or six repeat contests. Edwards was amazing, his little stutter steps and acceleration too much for Grima. Edwards also prominent in match simulation running straight ahead with ball not sideways or backwards. McKenna beat Kelly a few times in one on one drill, he has something special. Long was great again today, I would not be surprised if he's best 22 next year. Francis ran laps at good pace, Hams too Morgan trained fully.

can someone tell Shaun, that ■■■■■ has no place at Essendon

I miss when he was The SideStepper.

Shauny E is the kind of player that would play better in senior company than vfl

Shauny E is the kind of player that would play better in senior company than vfl

Yeah I think that’s not that silly.
He has to be given a run - say 3 or 4 games - before his papers are stamped.

Shaunye 6 disposals, but fark they would be fun to watch.

I see players like Dea and Grimley as the Brown situation.

Shauny E out of the square!

Morgan getting back is good, can’t wait to see him in the VFL for a good stint learning to use his explosive pace.

Thanks for the update begbie! Im excited about our crop of kids

Thanks Begbie but I would be surprised if Edwards got a call up this week. I think he’s still got a fair way to go based on training observations.
I suspect Crowley, Grima and possibly Ambrose in line for call up. Didn’t notice Gleeson and Demps seemed to have a sore hand. They trained on Etihad size oval as main oval was getting top dressed / fertilised!

Now the pics…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Zaka had a light training session and spent the first part running laps.

Yestin runs the gauntlet in a tackling drill.

“A bad hair day boys?” …at least they were competitive.

“I can run circles around you Coondawg!”

Harvs and Stokesy amuse the others with their banter.

“If you go left, I’ll go right.” Grima finds a way to lose Smack to make a lead.

“My boots are prettier than yours!”

Magic Walla even enjoys training.

“It’s a bird. It’s a plane…no, it’s Super Sherrin!”

James Kelly explains to some of the boys the things you need to do to win a premiership.

Thanks as well to karma!

Haaa - love Crowley’s face: “WTF that bloke can move”.

And Edwards: “That’s my spot in the team he’s running away with. At breakneck speed.”

Haaa - love Crowley’s face: “WTF that bloke can move”.

And Edwards: “That’s my spot in the team he’s running away with. At breakneck speed.”

I was thinking shred looks shattered too

Great pics karma.
And yeah I dont think Edwards knocking down the door. I just liked his application and positivity today.

I want SHAUNYE to have the greatest footballing renaissance in history.

Someone needs to end the practice of putting superglue onto bandwagons.