Training Tuesday 28th April

Can I get an update on the status of samurai buns

Was today an advertised training session? Didn’t realise it was on. Thanks for the report Wim. I hope to head to training on Friday morning.

Joe D is still very young and has a lot to learn…he no doubt bears a huge responsibility on his shoulders and isn’t quite ready just yet for that, hence why I am very disappointed with Carlisle after 4 rounds of football. Injured interrupted season or not, his leadership of the forwardline has not been there, he should be taking the mantle and showing Joe D through his leadership. It really has become quite concerning. I’m not to fussed about his performances in kicking goals but his leadership I am, if he showed this the goals would be on the board.

Jake C bring it starting this weekend and every week or get out of the side and pass the batton over to someone who wants the challenge, plain and simple.

Joe D is still very young and has a lot to learn...he no doubt bears a huge responsibility on his shoulders and isn't quite ready just yet for that, hence why I am very disappointed with Carlisle after 4 rounds of football. Injured interrupted season or not, his leadership of the forwardline has not been there, he should be taking the mantle and showing Joe D through his leadership. It really has become quite concerning. I'm not to fussed about his performances in kicking goals but his leadership I am, if he showed this the goals would be on the board.

Jake C bring it starting this weekend and every week or get out of the side and pass the batton over to someone who wants the challenge, plain and simple.

You are not concerned about his goal kicking but then the lack of goals on the board means he isnt showing enough?

I am pleased Jake was practicing goal kicking. I hope he spent a long time doing this.

The notion that he should either do really really well, or give up and not even bother trying is interesting. Really good way to build character.

Joe D is still very young and has a lot to learn...he no doubt bears a huge responsibility on his shoulders and isn't quite ready just yet for that, hence why I am very disappointed with Carlisle after 4 rounds of football. Injured interrupted season or not, his leadership of the forwardline has not been there, he should be taking the mantle and showing Joe D through his leadership. It really has become quite concerning. I'm not to fussed about his performances in kicking goals but his leadership I am, if he showed this the goals would be on the board.

You are not concerned about his goal kicking but then the lack of goals on the board means he isnt showing enough?

No his leadership will convert in goals, all to do with attitude. He has been around long enough…Joe D is showing greater leadership than he, not good enough.

Yep. Fletch, Cale, Hibberd in defence. Other players as defending midfielders.

Ok Thanks.

I guess my question is (not directly to you Wim) is does a 7 v 7 really simulate the congestion of a real game in either the midfield or the forward line?

Thanks Wimmera good to know what is going on at training.

So...this forward entries drill. Did they do it against an 'opposition'?

Yup, and it’s similar to what they have been doing since pre-season.

Oh?

Oh.

So I gather our F50 conversion rate in training is going well too?

Thanks for the report. I really appricate when people get down to training and write these up.

No his leadership will convert in goals, all to do with attitude. He has been around long enough…Joe D is showing greater leadership than he, not good enough.

He has been round long enough? Been a bit harsh there.

JC. 2010 draft 70 games age 23.
JD. 2012 draft 30 games age 21.

He has played in the forward line less than Joe.

Hardly the experienced player.

Chill and give the boy a go - he will get there.
He has had some injuries to deal with this season.

Doesn't make much difference but JC was the 2009 draft. Same year as guys like Melksham, Colyer, Gunston, Hanley, Talia.

JC was on track to match Talia (#1 pick) in his early years.

Doesn't make much difference but JC was the 2009 draft. Same year as guys like Melksham, Colyer, Gunston, Hanley, Talia.

Scully was #1, Talia was pick 13. The first tall taken in that draft was John Butcher. Hard to believe, but there it is.

BIG JOHNNY BUTCHER

Scully was #1, Talia was pick 13. The first tall taken in that draft was John Butcher. Hard to believe, but there it is.

Sorry, My #1 pick for ‘talls’ in that draft.