Training Tuesday 29/7/14

RIP Bin.

I ended up going too. (Hope you don't mind me adding
Of course I don't mind come and say hello next time.
-Also Jackie, did you realize Crowe giving Edwards at the end a massive high-5 and an embracement? Could it be he'll make his debut for us or just some encouragement?

It's a possibility if Dempsey is out but I thought he got towelled up a bit against Footscray in the VFL against taller opponents. I see him more as a wingman than a defender at this stage but he is an exciting talent and I think was an emergency on one occasion.
I would've come and said hello but I didn't see anyone writing notes :lol: How am I supposed to know who you are :lol:
I was the 'big bloke' with the black hoodie/jacket. I had glasses on too!
When I first arrived, there was a gentleman to my right with a massive Canon camera. Thinking it was a blitzer, I tried to start a convo with him and turns out he works for the HS as a photographer/journalist. Didn't get his name but he did disappear shortly afterwards when an EFC official had a word with him.

Others have covered it really well. Just a few other dot points.

• Heppell trains the house down. Everything he does is precise and composed. No wonder he plays well.
  • Hibberd and Demps both ran laps at solid pace, Hibberd looked to be running faster. At about 95pc I’d say.
  • Pears used forward and Stein back in match simulation.
  • Bellchambers looked to be still moving Queen Mary slow. I hope they don’t rush him back this week.
  • Gregory trained and moved well though his kicking is iffy.
  • Hocking and Howlett - both sore at end of last game - are fine.

I ended up going too. (Hope you don't mind me adding
Of course I don't mind come and say hello next time.
-Also Jackie, did you realize Crowe giving Edwards at the end a massive high-5 and an embracement? Could it be he'll make his debut for us or just some encouragement?

It's a possibility if Dempsey is out but I thought he got towelled up a bit against Footscray in the VFL against taller opponents. I see him more as a wingman than a defender at this stage but he is an exciting talent and I think was an emergency on one occasion.
I would've come and said hello but I didn't see anyone writing notes :lol: How am I supposed to know who you are :lol:
I was the 'big bloke' with the black hoodie/jacket. I had glasses on too!
When I first arrived, there was a gentleman to my right with a massive Canon camera. Thinking it was a blitzer, I tried to start a convo with him and turns out he works for the HS as a photographer/journalist. Didn't get his name but he did disappear shortly afterwards when an EFC official had a word with him.

I was there too. Took my 6 month old to his first training session, and mum came too. 

Can't really ad anything to the report (as usual it's all covered by Jackie) except to say the energy was really good. I think I know who you are now Jackie, so I'll say G'day next time. 

Also, being up close, I'm really loving Goddard's leadership. Very vocal. Almost another coach out there.

Thank's for the report Jackie and others.... I really miss going to watch training so it's great reading your reports.

Training at Tullamarine in cool conditions with a strong wind blowing down the ground from the airport end.
Hibberd ran laps and looks unlikely and Joe a bit of running at the end of training. Dempsey suffered some minor discomfort during the session but should be ok.
It was pleasing to see Watson, Bellchambers and Gleeson join in the main training.
Watson didn't do much kicking and was proppy when kicking on his left but he was moving pretty well and looks like he is not too far aware.
Bellchambers and Gleeson both trained strongly and could be ready to resume in the VFL.
The atmosphere at training was excellent - what we are seeing at the moment is very polished and professional sessions and you can see the value of the excellent training facilities making themselves felt. Looking back at the old sessions at Windy Hill some of the humour and lightheartedness has disappeared and I mourn the passing of the kicking into the wheelie bin for instance but the focused concentration of the training here is probably what is needed in the current environment. However a little bit of the fun of past days remains: Bomber was walking off the oval and casually kicked an impossible bouncing goal from the pocket and after he got over his surprise he pumped his fist in the air and shouted "goal" looking straight at me so I took this as an indication that it should be immortalised in my report.
Some of the most interesting training took place on the smaller Clarke Oval (preparation for the SCG?) where the forwards practised their running patterns and leads. It was significant that Carlisle appeared full of confidence and was directing operations very strongly and enthusiastically between Ambrose, Paddy and himself making sure that players were leading in different directions and doubling back for multiple leads.
Many of the defenders were from the VFL side but Fletcher was spending time with them explaining the nuances of the game and training strongly himself with pacy runs and good handball. Particular attention was paid to Edwards who made an exciting run down the ground with five or six handballs in a row. At the same time it was pleasing to see the forwards being urged to pressure the defenders to create a turnover
I left training with the impression that everything is starting to come together for the implementation of Bomber's strategy of a strong finish to the season and I think that the team rates itself a chance to beat Sydney and I do too.

Sent a tingle down my spine  :)

Got a tingle in my sack

BEACHCOMBER

Thanks guys. Any sightings of Hams and Kommer?

I take it Jobe is a natural right foot and his injury was the left quad ?

His injury is to ( one of ) the jumping/kicking muscle tendons and  if he is proppy using it, its a worry,    however,  having said that,  some of the anchors the surgeons use in these cases are incredibly strong,  and in the case of  a sprinter/jumper/kicker they need to be.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Jobe and a full conservative recovery prior to selection.

Both were absent. Thurlow has also fallen off the face of earth.

His injury is to ( one of ) the jumping/kicking muscle tendons and  if he is proppy using it, its a worry,    however,  having said that,  some of the anchors the surgeons use in these cases are incredibly strong,  and in the case of  a sprinter/jumper/kicker they need to be.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Jobe and a full conservative recovery prior to selection.

pretty sure injury was to the right hip/quad tendon.

Kommer is done for the year.

Hey even if Bellcho is not in form,  but he is fully fit,  he could be very valuable in the 22 :

1.  Rotation for Jake at FF who can mark and kick goals.

2.  Rotation for Paddy at stoppages and at the centre bounce in particular.

3.  Both of the above.

He is actually the only person in the list who can do both these things well.  ( if he is in form)   otherwise he would contribute but probably not "stuff things up " for us.

Hey even if Bellcho is not in form,  but he is fully fit,  he could be very valuable in the 22 :

3.  Both of the above.

He is actually the only person in the list who can do both these things well.  ( if he is in form)   otherwise he would contribute but probably not "stuff things up " for us.

Main problem is that T-Bell circa 2014, has been moving like a Brontosaurus.

Would be a bigger risk than buying shares in Gumby's Hamstrings.

3.  Both of the above.

Main problem is that T-Bell circa 2014, has been moving like a Brontosaurus.

Would be a bigger risk than buying shares in Gumby's Hamstrings.

Oh jeez.....point taken.  Very disappointing.

Obviously when Jobe kicks on his left having to stabilise through right hip flexor so that would be why he looks proppy. 

Belly would have non-existent match fitness.  Cant see it happening.  Hopefully builds over next few weeks so he can fire Clark Keating style at end of season. 

His injury is to ( one of ) the jumping/kicking muscle tendons and if he is proppy using it, its a worry, however, having said that, some of the anchors the surgeons use in these cases are incredibly strong, and in the case of a sprinter/jumper/kicker they need to be.

pretty sure injury was to the right hip/quad tendon.
Yep on the hanger when they show the X-rays you also get a good view of his right testicle(for the lasses)

Thanks for the report!

Hmm... Winders and Dempsey on HBFs. Edwards on a wing. Gr gr gr grease lightning!

Edwards lack of defensive game would be exploited by the swans big time. He'd be like a deer in headlights this week.