Training Wed 30th June

Sorry Clarke did 2nd half of session

8 Likes

Bit harsh.

Was playing good footy prior to this.

Who knows whatā€™s going on in his personal life.

Would rather he takes the time he needs now rather than bottle it all up.

I do feel however that this year would have been vital for him to cement a spot in the team, which he hasnt quite been able to nail yet due to his health issues. If Zerk plays really good footy this week who knows, may be harder for frang to find his way back into the 22.

2 Likes

I would like to get a few more games into Reid before the end of the season.

A backline of Ridley, Laverde, Stewart & Reid would be pretty handy.

7 Likes

It when you see the coaches trying to fix the faults you know we are on the right trackā€¦ I was always told to work on flaws and fine tune your strengths :+1:

6 Likes

not being harsh, just suggesting he should make his mental health his priority

5 Likes

well i just done think hes ā€˜goneā€™, or that we should ā€˜move onā€™ just yet. he deserves ongoing support.

13 Likes

Iā€™d suggest that it seems he is making it a priority currently, that doesnā€™t preclude a career at the club. Good luck and best wishes on a speedy recovery for him.

From the clubs development point of view, itā€™s an opportunity to get more looks at Zerk-Thatcher.

3 Likes

We have Laverde, Stewart looking good as AFL level KPDs, and we have Reid, Brand and Eyre all showing promise as defenders in the reserves. Then we have BZT, Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose who are all mature options, albeit with questionable time left on the list.

We are in a good position to prioritise Frangaā€™s mental health whether that means trading him to Adelaide, where he probably has more friends and family living, or giving him extended leave as needed.

3 Likes

But I wanna see Baldwin in the VFL or Iā€™m gonna chain myself to one of the tulla goalposts

6 Likes

The poor entries inside 50 were more of a ā€œreturn to the 207-2020 bomb it long eraā€. Our entries inside 50, leading patterns etc were much better in the first half of the season.
It may be that a sense of urgency, or perceived pressure, or actual pressure of the top side in the comp caused them to do it.
Remember over the last 4 years, how we bombed it onto Greens head, Tippas head, into space that players like May, Rampe, Hurn, Barrass, McGovern, and so on ran into to intercept?

Remember the only time Hooker beat May was when he lead into space to mark a pass on his chest.

1 Like

fair enough, certainly he deserves our support. i wasnā€™t suggesting it should be withdrawn. I was suggesting we should start thinking about our side without him in it.

1 Like

Him and his whole family are mad Essendon supporters. I know it doesnā€™t mean much nowadays but surely his family want him to stay at Essendon if he can manage the mental health issues.

7 Likes

Exactly how they have been since day 1

4 Likes
17 Likes

Cox to play majority forward to manage load? Hooker rested?

Love thisā€¦

I felt like we should have kept rucking draper against melbourne and thrown Cox forwardā€¦ not the other way around.

Cox on the lead would have made May/Lever a lot more accountable and harder to play against than just tall gorillas (Hooker and Draper) flying for the ball in the goal sq

1 Like

Caldwell was doing some 400m runs today. I did ask him how things are going and he seemed upbeat. In below video its hard to
Pick up the audio but trainer asks him hows it feelingā€¦ he says ā€œYeh betterā€

24 Likes

Love ya work Scooter.

8 Likes

Great to hear the coaches are spending a lot of time working on an area where we have really struggled

Also thanks for the report!

7 Likes

This bloke is going to be a big addition to our midfield next year.

1 Like