Training Wednesday 10/2/16

Edwards is side-stepping all the threads.

He’s a bit too vanilla nowadays.

I would be getting more excited about Yestin in 2016 personally from what i've seen...

Yestin is impressin’ with his pace and desperation. A little like Lovett but with greater endurance and desire to succeed.

Fixed

Actually im more impressed with courtney johns still here sinking beers with skipworth.

Expensive night at $4.50 a pot…

Would one be inclined to say Tippa is "training the house down"?

Everyone likes and notices Tippa. He is training very well without training the house down.

I would be getting more excited about Yestin in 2016 personally from what i've seen...

Yestin is impressing with his pace and desperation. A little like Lovett but with greater endurance and desire to succeed.

Would one be inclined to say Tippa is “training the house down”?

I would be getting more excited about Yestin in 2016 personally from what i’ve seen…

So pumped to see tippa play this year! Also I hope he keeps the haircut, he looks like a beast with it.

TIPPA!

Believe.

Thanks jackie and Karma. Outstanding as usual.

It’s really impressive that you guys have managed to lift your game even further in these tough times.

As to Tippa, VFL watchers would know that Tippa uses his burst of acceleration and elusiveness to get himself clear of a pack, which then gives him the the time to complete his possession with a very well directed kick. In a way, this acceleration is more important than being able to do a 200 metre sprint. ( no doubt that acceleration was one of the big strengths of Judd) Either way, although as a small defender, Tippa did not rack up a lot of possessions, he rarely wasted them at VFL level. Now stepping up to AF level, hopefully this year we will know whether he an maintain those skills at a harder, faster and generally more demanding level.

But Karmabomber says he was in everything, with a great training session today. Fantastic news. Everyone loves Tippa, we all want him to do well.

TIPPA will bring us joy this year

But he needs a haircut.

Maybe he is growing it till someone gives him new boots.

But he needs a haircut.

Jackie, do you think Tippa is really AFL standard fit? As I understand it he's had fitness problems, including problems meeting skinfold requirements, in previous years. Is he really ripped this year?

And en masse is 100% correct.

Good I failed french at uni.

I don’t know about his skinfolds but his fitness seems ok in comparison to many of the players of his vintage and is better than Edwards in particular. In the close in handball drills today he showed a startling turn of speed over 5 - 10 metres. His fitness will only improve with full time training. Ambrose is one of the fittest but still not getting a lot of the ball so I guess it depends how you want to look at it.

Sounds good about Tippa. He’s obviously built very solid apart from his legs, but it’s hard to tell from the pictures whether there’s a bit of padding there as well. Before Christmas there definitely was, but more recently I haven’t seen it.

And it’s a worry that Ambrose doesn’t get much of the ball even at training. He’s got everything a footballer could want, physically, but that really doesn’t count if he doesn’t get the ball.

I believe Tippa has noticeably trimmed down in the upper body since being involved with senior training. It does not appear to have reduced his tackling strength but if anything, has sharpened his turn of pace and given him that fraction extra time for decision making when he’s got the ball.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
“You wanna have a look at my skinfolds bro’ ?”

Adidas are gonna want to give him some new boots, he has been wearing those for well over a year
Sometimes acceleration is all you need to do serious damage. Watching the 2004 WCE game last week it had Rioli absolutely burn off guys a couple times, enough to get free and deliver.

http://i.imgur.com/Min3G1c.gif

I still don’t know quite how he managed to sell that dummy.

Arrogance.

“Surely he’s not going to sell a dummy from there.”

“WTF?”

Rule 1) TIPPA can’t be tackled. Rule 2) If you actually do pick his movement and make contact, he’ll knock you over and not notice.

Rule 3) On the other hand, when TIPPA is the one doing the tackling…

A little known fact is that in Newton’s original thesis, there was a small asterix after the third law of momentum…

When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body*.

It’s only if you look carefully on the margin you find in really small, faint penmanship…

*Except if one of those bodies is Tippa.

Jackie, do you think Tippa is really AFL standard fit? As I understand it he's had fitness problems, including problems meeting skinfold requirements, in previous years. Is he really ripped this year?

And en masse is 100% correct.

Good I failed french at uni.

I don’t know about his skinfolds but his fitness seems ok in comparison to many of the players of his vintage and is better than Edwards in particular. In the close in handball drills today he showed a startling turn of speed over 5 - 10 metres. His fitness will only improve with full time training. Ambrose is one of the fittest but still not getting a lot of the ball so I guess it depends how you want to look at it.

Sounds good about Tippa. He’s obviously built very solid apart from his legs, but it’s hard to tell from the pictures whether there’s a bit of padding there as well. Before Christmas there definitely was, but more recently I haven’t seen it.

And it’s a worry that Ambrose doesn’t get much of the ball even at training. He’s got everything a footballer could want, physically, but that really doesn’t count if he doesn’t get the ball.

Just before xmas he actually won a lactic running drill when we had our full list, it’s kind of like a repeate middle distance run where the idea is you stop when your lactic acid is at its highest and then run again to clear it. It’s huge because it shows his fitness base is now very solid

That is extremely good news. Because that sort of talent combined with fitness and work ethic is about as good a combination as you can get.

Actually im more impressed with courtney johns still here sinking beers with skipworth.

Rule 1) TIPPA can’t be tackled.
Rule 2) If you actually do pick his movement and make contact, he’ll knock you over and not notice.

Rule 3) On the other hand, when TIPPA is the one doing the tackling…