Training Wednesday 10/8/16

Nigella forward or back?

That would be something I would celebrate either way.

Just on player agents, are there rules on how they are paid?
ie. Can they get a bonus from a club for a signing? Do they get audited?

I get that Connors will take a % of the contract, but he seems to be pushing way too hard for the change.

Thanks Jackie - eloquent & entertaining as always!

Nigella forward or back?

Oh that has soo many …

Look at that bloke on the pogba deal got 25m pounds

Agents are ruining all sports

Michael Hurley is a never ending topic of conversations so naturally I tried to find out what I could. I spoke to a senior Essendon official and his words were “I think he’ll be right it’s between him and his manager.” Make of that what you will but my interpretation was that Hurley probably wants to stay and his manager is urging him to leave - possibly for more money. Does this take us any further forward - I don’t know and I am not at liberty to disclose my source. However I would suggest that players managed by Connors will be a live issue in future recruiting in my personal opinion.

I wasn’t there so I don’t know who you asked or what it was that you asked them. I also don’t know if what you quoted them as saying was verbatim or paraphrasing.

But my interpretation of what the person said is “I think he will stay but like all these things its up to him and his manager to sort out with the club”. Not that Hurley and his manager need ot sort it out between them.

I can’t believe that anybody would think that Hurley can’t make a decision for himself.

Hurleys beard makes his decisions. His body just goes along for the ride

JM, you need to stop using Nigella metaphors. My capacity to absorb anything below her breasts has been thoroughly weakened!! :#

But they are so…Plump.

Is that true? His agent got 25 mil?

the deal with juventus was that if pogba was sold theagent gets 20% of money.

not sure if it was 25, but I’m almost certain it was 20mil. Pogba’s agent makes Connor’s look like a pile of puke

not sure if it was 25, but I’m almost certain it was 20mil. Pogba’s agent makes Connor’s look like a pile of puke

yeh these people bemoaning the hurley saga need to go through a mendes or raiola transfer.

Just on player agents, are there rules on how they are paid? ie. Can they get a bonus from a club for a signing? Do they get audited?

I get that Connors will take a % of the contract, but he seems to be pushing way too hard for the change.

If a one off “success” fee of 1 or 2 months pay applies, managers will want as much player turnover as possible . If so, its not just the increase in $ due to an increased contract amount. Does anyone know if this type of “success” fee applies ?

Isnt there some view out there that we are “difficult to deal with” Who is spreading this view? Seen from our point of view, doesnt it mean, our negotiators are tougher, value our players higher as part of our club and the other side is not going to walk all over us?

When player managers and other clubs list managers have to come back to negotiations with us over and over again for a hard slog, maybe it starts to get just a little “personal”; about winning the negotiation game as well.

Back on topic, even if it is a side topic.

If it’s true that Hurley would rather stay but Connors is pushing him to leave surely he will be staying.

What kind of trouble is the game in if managers like Connors can influence a player’s decision and make it all about money?

I’d say the game is in all sorts of trouble, personally.

I see eveyone that left Hawthorn is doing really well…