Training Wednesday 18/12/19

Kinda find his pithiness refreshing and occasionally, funny.

Its a burner account for sure, not hard to work out who it is

So, before we start, @nackers is not a feminist. At all.

DISCLAIMER: POSSIBLE NEW INJURY.

It was hot, but pleasant in the shade (thank goodness for trees). Training was a very sold three-hour session in hot weather. Most players seemed to get through pretty well, except Francis. He was well behind in the running and left the track about half way through. Slight concern, not sure if injured.

Some good news, many of the rehab players did a lot more work with the main group today, including Hurley, Shiel and Raz. Raz was running well, but not overly quickly. Hope he can get up to full pace eventually.

Of the rehabbers, Stewart was running in straight lines and then did some light kicking. Redman also came out and did some running. Draper did plenty of running, looks to be bulding his fitness really well.

Merrett, Joe, Hooker and Zacka unsighted. Slightly concerned about Merrett, haven’t seen him doing a lot this pre-season.

Bit of match play, they put cones straight up the middle of the ground and tried to keep the ball on one side of the ground when moving from back to forward. This looked okay initially, but as fatigue wore them down (there were 800m/150m runs in between) the decision making and skills dropped a bit. Overall, the pressure was reasonably good, but still think they’re going at about 70%.
Thought Hibberd looked quite good, and Laverde was the main target up forward - took some nice marks.

The youngsters did quite a bit of cross training on the second oval after matchplay. Naturally Jones and Bryan will need to put on some size, but Cahill looks a solid boy for his age. I liked the look of Cahill the most today. I’ll judge Bryan and Jones after they put on some kilos.

A slightly better feeling with more players, but still a lot of players to come back into full training, and a fair bit of work to do with disposal.

65 Likes

His light burned so bright, but was extinguished so quickly.

2 Likes

Don’t get sucked in.
Don’t get sucked in.
Don’t get sucked in.

Ahhh screw it. All aboard the Lav boat! Break out year coming up!

7 Likes

Was Stringer playing mainly forward or onball?

apparently it was hot at training

https://twitter.com/essendonfc/status/1207103612888862720/photo/1

3 Likes

Lid on. This club is fked.

3 Likes

Nice work @MattPocock18

Good that they gave them solid 3hr sesh in the heat

Francis going off not surprising for pasty redhead

Lav being a key target for opposing team would surely be simply due to lack of available options & nothing more.

1 Like

@MattPocock18 How did the other taller pasty redhead go?

Who was opposed to Laverde …or was our disposal so good going forward it didnt matter?

HAHHAHAHAHAAAAA… @Houli_Dooli pls

1 Like

He was mostly on Zerk who he out positioned on a few occasions, they were also some good kicks to his advantage

3 Likes

What? By whom? That is quite outrageous! There is absolutely no room for that sort of thing at our club!..

5 Likes

Oh no - I had a training report that I had nearly finished - I copied it when I answered the question on Lav and lost it all, will have to start again. Grrrr…

1 Like

I blame @Houli_Dooli

6 Likes

And what happened to “play like you train”??? Outrageous!!

4 Likes

had to happen one day

1 Like

We did what now?!?

2 Likes

10 Likes