Training Wednesday 28/11/18

It’s a very solid list now and we should be genuinely competitive for finals. For me the “not winning a finals” is about us hitting the finals in top form and shape. Not limping / squeezing our way in. It would have been interesting to see how we would have gone this year if we got in as we had good form.

You’d like to see us win some of those big games during 2019 to show we can step up in a finals like game. Dreamtime. ANZAC Day. We did occasionally (beat West Coast away, and Sydney at home), but came up short against Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood in the second half of the season. Plus we should be winning strongly those games against lower sides where we should be the favourites to win. Which we did do. So the signs were there this year in the second half to say we are on track. It’s a good foundation to build from over the preseason and hit 2019 with confidence and build/peak during the season for finals.

12 Likes

Is there training today? I need HYPE and lots of it

But what type of paper aeroplane is the question. You could go the traditional dart, which will play a role, but is probably a bit vanilla and won’t provide the next level performance that will take you all the way to a flag. The swallow is risky, but it’s high risk, high reward - although game styles have moved on in the last few years, and that type of plane may not fit with modern gameplans.

I think you should focus on the ring plane. It doesn’t fit the stereotype, but gets the job done to a level rarely seen by more traditional types.

3 Likes

he seems likes the nicest bloke getting around.

I’m thinking the F15 Eagle might be the go.

6 Likes

What I took from that video is that our new tactic is letting Hartley have a shot anytime he is within 90m of goal. @DJR is this a breach of your copyright?

1 Like

To be honest I think it’s a somewhat risky approach.

I wouldn’t let him bomb at goal until he’s eighty out.

(assuming a windless day, of course)

1 Like

But Joetippamozzie, tho…

Och. Not the Dart, Not the Dart.

2 Likes