Training Wednesday 29 Jan 2014

For all those Blitzers waiting with baited breath for today's training update, it was as follows:

Zilch!!!!

Very disappointing that the Club didn't at least alert people of the change in plans.

Apparently (listening to a staff member apologising to a guy and his young boys who'd come down from the country to watch the session), the team trained for 2 1/2 hours yesterday in the heat so the coach(es) decided to keep them inside today with obviously no public access. I can only hope that Tiffany was allowed to assist the boys to stretch their ligaments?

The only sighting of players was firstly, in the cafe where Colyer, Pears, Hardingham and Van Unen were topping up on coffee. Hurley was earlier sighted having a drink while catching up on HS gossip.

On the track, Goddard was running laps and doing exercises with a couple of training staff to maybe stretch a tight groin.

That's it folks! About 30 - 40 disappointed supporters were present when I left at 10.30 who were trying to figure out what we can expect in future?

Should we ring first?

Surely at least Doe managed to get some photos?

Whilst very disappointing for those who went along, it does stipulate on the club website that it is subject to change at late notice.

If they were to put a message on the website, would people think to check it on their way out?

Whilst very disappointing for those who went along, it does stipulate on the club website that it is subject to change at late notice.

If they were to put a message on the website, would people think to check it on their way out?

A definite YES!

I enjoy the training reports and the club appear to have given the fans pretty free access up until this point. But Bomber seems to be getting a bit leery about opposition spies and if that means more unscheduled and closed sessions so be it. I think we can leave it up to Bomber to determine the right mix. The team's game day success is the primary concern.

I enjoy the training reports and the club appear to have given the fans pretty free access up until this point. But Bomber seems to be getting a bit leery about opposition spies and if that means more unscheduled and closed sessions so be it. I think we can leave it up to Bomber to determine the right mix. The team's game day success is the primary concern.

Agree it's always going to be a balancing act and I'm sure most supporters are appreciative of seeing players training up until now.

I suspect however that whilst the advertising of open sessions refers to "session times are subject to change at late notice", I suspect that it would not be unreasonable for the website to notify any change by 8.30am on the morning of the training to at least avoid the wasting of time and sometimes money for some supporters travelling significant distances to see these sessions.

Good thing I stayed in bed this morning then..

Its either OPEN or CLOSED to supporters.

There are NO in-betweens.

If there are changes to regular planned sessions then publish that on the Club website.

FFS. Cowboy Outfit.

Sort it out EFC.

Interesting that they chose to train the team in the stinking heat when the forecast for today was much milder. I've heard it said that training in the heat can provide similar benefits to high altitude training but I'm not sure how true that is. Perhaps the club will look to shift a few sessions in the near future to "take advantage" of heat wave conditions. 

That's pretty disappointing. Having made the trek out there from the south-east in the morning traffic last Friday I would be extremely annoyed if that happened to me. I wouldn't have checked last week, but I agree any changes should be published on the website + all the social media platforms.

Club has been outstanding with the access they've given thus far. Let's not go nuts. Send an email/tweet to the club and I'm sure they'll try to communicate better in future.

Club has been outstanding with the access they've given thus far. Let's not go nuts. Send an email/tweet to the club and I'm sure they'll try to communicate better in future.

Who are you and what have you done with Riolio?

From now on, I propose that JM, karmabomber, saladin & co are camped at the TVS each and every day. You may have to quit your jobs. #lidoff2014

If there are changes to regular planned sessions then publish that on the Club website.
FFS. Cowboy Outfit.
Sort it out EFC.

Geez...

That's disappointing.

If Bomber is too worried about the numbers showing up to watch then randomly cancelling sessions will surely deter people. Hopefully some Weagles scout was more put-out than our own fans who made the trip.

Now, more seriously...

My impression from the club is that the training sessions are for the players and not the fans, and that's fair enough IMO.

And it might be that the decision wasn't made until just before the session started, when the boys rocked up and did their urine tests only to find they were as dry as a nun's nasty. No reason needs to be given or apology made as long as they are getting on with becoming better footy players. 

The idea that the indoor training also needs to be available to the public is ridiculous.

FFS. Cowboy Outfit.
Sort it out EFC.

Geez...

Yep its a big 'Geez.......' if you travel from the other side of the City or down from the country with kids in tow expecting to see what any reasonable person would believe is a scheduled session.

Up until now the Club is to be applauded I think on their openness with training but lets get it right, be consistent, & make sure members & supporters are informed as reasonably as can be.

It is an unnecessary & avoidable aggravation for members & supporters. There's a simple fix to avoid these issues. 

Communicate more effectively EFC.

Not great for the guys who turned up but…

Rocked up at exactly 10am and only Goddard was to be seen running laps.

Yes there were plenty of disappointed fans and I had both my kids and a nephew from Perth in tow.

So not that happy about the cancelled training session.

We were told that because the boys were given a day off on Monday that they had their training session yesterday and today was just a recovery day.

The club tried to appease the 30-40 people who turned up by giving us a personal tour of the facilities.

We were taken down stairs to the pool area where Jobe, Myers, Howlett and Jetta were doing plenty of laps.

Upstairs we we’re shown the indoor training area I.e. The basketball court and the synthetic grass area.

Unbelievable. Not that I’ve been to Camp Nou but this place is super impressive.

Hurls and Paddy were pulling long heavy ropes with weights while Hardy, Steinberg, Colyer and someone else were mucking around on the basketball court. From what I saw, I’m sure they stick to footy.

When we got to the gym area there was lots of activity

All the noise was coming from Melksham in the boxing ring. Looks like he likes it in there.

Then Hooking got in and after some sparing, he had to just stand there while the boxing coach threw jab after jab into his chest.

It definitely wasn’t the training session I hoped to show the kids but at least the club ( Thank you John and Canadian Ryan) tried hard to make up for it.

Not exactly the training report you’re used to but hey…

That's a pretty fair effort to do the righty by the folks who turned up to watch training. Quit whinging the rest of you.

Not great for the guys who turned up but.....
Rocked up at exactly 10am and only Goddard was to be seen running laps.
Yes there were plenty of disappointed fans and I had both my kids and a nephew from Perth in tow.
So not that happy about the cancelled training session.
We were told that because the boys were given a day off on Monday that they had their training session yesterday and today was just a recovery day.
The club tried to appease the 30-40 people who turned up by giving us a personal tour of the facilities.
We were taken down stairs to the pool area where Jobe, Myers, Howlett and Jetta were doing plenty of laps.
Upstairs we we're shown the indoor training area I.e. The basketball court and the synthetic grass area.
Unbelievable. Not that I've been to Camp Nou but this place is super impressive.
Hurls and Paddy were pulling long heavy ropes with weights while Hardy, Steinberg, Colyer and someone else were mucking around on the basketball court. From what I saw, I'm sure they stick to footy.
When we got to the gym area there was lots of activity
All the noise was coming from Melksham in the boxing ring. Looks like he likes it in there.
Then Hooking got in and after some sparing, he had to just stand there while the boxing coach threw jab after jab into his chest.
It definitely wasn't the training session I hoped to show the kids but at least the club ( Thank you John and Canadian Ryan) tried hard to make up for it.
Not exactly the training report you're used to but hey....

Pleased to here this. Reinforces that the club does want to look after supporters.
Having said that, I'm not sure guided tours of guys swimming, boxing and pulling weights will necessarily be a useful longer term solution to changed training arrangements. Maybe (where possible) web-based notifications be used in future as is practicable.