Training Wednesday 3/2/16

Training and raining at Tullamarine.

This is a joint report with Karma Bomber whose photos will appear later.

abs; Leuenberger, Cooney, Wallis, Gwilt,Hams, Francis, Kommer and Ambrose who also didn’t compete in the triathlon.

Jamar trained as did Sam Michael.

It was good to see Craig Bird complete a full session of training and moving freely Redman ran laps again.

It was a fairly low key session today in the light rain concentrating mainly on skills. The atmosphere was workmanlike and efficient.

It is interesting that this preseason we have less long term injuries than last year - Cooney and Leuenberger are the main ones but think back to how many there were at the start of last year. Of course this is partly due to the “crocks” who have been suspended but I wonder if some of it can also be attributed to a change of coach who has placed less emphasis on running?

KB is pleased with Kelly who he says is showing leadership and taking some of the younger players under his wing? Karma chatted to Mark Stevens the Reporter and had the following conversations:

KB “are you going to find something positive to write about us Mark.” To which he replied, “it’s pretty hard to make chicken ■■■■ look like chicken salad.”

I restrained KB from decking him with a steely glance. We’ll have to content ourselves with having a higher standard of football journalism than this pathetic Jimmy Olsen.

I concentrated quite a lot of time on Jamar today who spent a lot of time competing with Gach at ball ups with Bird and Fantasia doing the roving. The quartet worked together for about half an hour in the centre of the ground, then on the fifty metre arc on boundary throw ins, and finally with some marking on the goal line and running the ball out of defense. I’m sure Jamar was earning his second salary as part time ruck coach and the relationship between the two rucks was good. Jamar usually got the best body position which Gach tried to counter with his spring sometimes hooking the ball over the back as Ryder used to do. It would be interesting to see these two in tandem in the VFL but Jamar will probably be in the seniors given Leuemberger’s continuing problems.

There was a lot of contested handball drills within a confined space and Harvey was really revving them up from the sidelines. This was a good drill to practice in the slippery conditions and McKenna, who has adapted well to hand balling, was fun to watch with his look-away specialities.

One of the last drills involved a dozen players, Jamar and Gach rucking and Zerret, Parish, Bird, Crowley, Gleeson, Kelly, Zaka, Morgan, Polkinghorne and Simpkin. The players donned padded suits for this like waist to knee wetsuits with a large front thigh pad, a smaller inner thigh pad and a large hip pad. This has come too late for Gumby who would have benefited from a Michelin Man outfit, but is a good idea for minimising contact injuries in the contested clearance session which they undertook.

I thought they trained well today with the top ups fitting in more and more with each session.

Thanks as always to the gun reporters.

(No, not Mark Stevens.)

Needs more chicken.

You don’t make friends with chicken salad

The chicken references would have ruffled Bird’s feathers.

How’s McKernan going? Have they got him training as a forward and doing ruck drills? Big year coming up for this guy.

Chicken salad sucks anyway.

Mark Stevens- absolute moron! Has a chicken brain if you ask me. Actually that would be an insult to the chicken who is useful in providing food.
Mark Steven is just a waste of good polluted air.

Many thanks for the great reports JM and KB.

Fertilizer jokes coming from a very infertile mind.

Mark Stevens- absolute moron! Has a chicken brain if you ask me. Actually that would be an insult to the chicken who is useful in providing food. Mark Steven is just a waste of good polluted air.

Many thanks for the great reports JM and KB.

Chicken shitt response, from a chicken shitt hack reporter.

Chicken salad sucks anyway.

Only cos you’ve not had a BSD Chicken Caesar, with bacon.

How good would it feel decking that pencil!

Perfect opportunity for this reenactment!

Tuned in for training report, got unexpected insights into different aspects of chicken. BB keeps giving!

Thanks Jackie!

How good would it feel decking that pencil!

Perfect opportunity for this reenactment!

https://www.youtube.com/v=D60ns0Qi_yE

I kinda wish I were there and kinda glad I wasn’t.

You could fit a mid-sized chicken farm on his forehead.

Great report as usual, Jackie.
Out of interest, were Dan Coghlan or Jack Langford training?

Should’ve asked him if he understood what was happening on field.

Great report as usual, Jackie. Out of interest, were Dan Coghlan or Jack Langford training?
Not today.

Thanks Jackie, great work as always.

Awesome work guys

Yeah great work everyone. Now get you arses back into the saga thread. there hasn’t been a post in there for 19 minutes.