Training Wednesday 4/6/14

Echo the sentiments of everyone here Jackie about my gratitude for these stellar updates.

A question for you - there have been rumours circulating (albeit at least partly by known trolls) that a number of players and coaches at the club have been pretty ill over the past month with a virus or something similar, and that this has only finally subsided in the past week or so.  

Just wondering if you're aware of anything like that (or if you know it to be false)?

Cheers  

Echo the sentiments of everyone here Jackie about my gratitude for these stellar updates.

A question for you - there have been rumours circulating (albeit at least partly by known trolls) that a number of players and coaches at the club have been pretty ill over the past month with a virus or something similar, and that this has only finally subsided in the past week or so.  

Just wondering if you're aware of anything like that (or if you know it to be false)?

Cheers  

Side effects of the PEDs?

Yep, love these reports.

I remember when i first stumbled upon Blitz, I must have googled something that led me to the front page (there's a front page?), and every week or so AN10's pre-season training report would be there. I basically lurked for months just checking for more training updates, news on Gumby or whoever, not realising the mad and crazy wold of blitz that lurked behind the welcome/landing page.

One day I clicked on forums, was forced to sign up (wannabe was the first thing that came to my head, looking at all the wannabe's already posting) to defend Stanton's honour, and the rest is history. For those interested, wannabe was the first thing that came to my head, looking at all the "wannabe's" already posting.

So as for the training reports, I think they are the real guts of the sight, the cream, actual news that you can't find anywhere else. Almost everything thing else on here is just jibber-jabber.

Thanks JM, I really appreciate the effort.

(VFL watchers like the real DJR who post live updates gets an honourable mention too)

Cheers  

True - but effects were limited.  About the time of the Freo game.

KAV! was mentioned!

Yes its interesting that seconds can separate a good player from a VFL player.  Kav took two seconds too long to get rid of the ball, Chapman was brilliant at snapping for goal because he gets the ball onto his boot quicker than anyone.

Yep, love these reports.

I remember when i first stumbled upon Blitz, I must have googled something that led me to the front page (there's a front page?), and every week or so AN10's pre-season training report would be there. I basically lurked for months just checking for more training updates, news on Gumby or whoever, not realising the mad and crazy wold of blitz that lurked behind the welcome/landing page.

One day I clicked on forums, was forced to sign up (wannabe was the first thing that came to my head, looking at all the wannabe's already posting) to defend Stanton's honour, and the rest is history. For those interested, wannabe was the first thing that came to my head, looking at all the "wannabe's" already posting.

So as for the training reports, I think they are the real guts of the sight, the cream, actual news that you can't find anywhere else. Almost everything thing else on here is just jibber-jabber.

Thanks JM, I really appreciate the effort.

(VFL watchers like the real DJR who post live updates gets an honourable mention too)

I too was dragged in from the cold by the Noonan's training reports into the warmth that is Blitz in 2005.

My favourite threads have always been the training & VFL reports with many fantastic contributors over the journey.

I thank you all

Did he kick it???

I gots to know.

That's a Dirty Harry line isn't it. Well in all the excitement I can't remember if he kicked it or not.  Are you feeling lucky? Are you punk?

Just wondering How Gleeson trained?

I have been having an argument with my sydeny and Bulldogs friends. They think the dogs have a lot better young talent than us. Zerrets nomination was good on the weekend, but I think Daniher and Gleeson are a good chance to be nominated this year.

I have been having an argument with my sydeny and Bulldogs friends. They think the dogs have a lot better young talent than us. Zerrets nomination was good on the weekend, but I think Daniher and Gleeson are a good chance to be nominated this year.

Lol, you need smarter friends.

Lol, you need smarter friends.

You should hear him rave on about bontempelli, I haven't seen much of the dogs, but he always gets the vest and hasn't shown a lot in my opinion.

Did he kick it???
I gots to know.

That's a Dirty Harry line isn't it. Well in all the excitement I can't remember if he kicked it or not. Are you feeling lucky? Are you punk?

A mans got ta know his limitations, Jackie.

define young talent

here an under 25s team

Carlisle, Hurley Gleeson

Hibberd,   Hooker,  Ashby

Zaharakis,  Heppell,  Merrett,

Bellchambers,  Howlett,  Myers,

Melksham,  Ambrose,  Merrett,

Hardingham, Daniher, Dell'Olio,

INT NOB, Kommer  Kav Pears

a dogs u25 team

Wood Roughhead johansen

Young Talia jong

Macrae libba Stevens

Campbell Wallis Dalhause

Stringer Jones Smith

Hunter Cramerie Cordy

grant tutt honeychurch Hrovat

define young talent

here an under 25s team

Carlisle, Hurley Gleeson

Hibberd,   Hooker,  Ashby

Zaharakis,  Heppell,  Merrett,

Bellchambers,  Howlett,  Myers,

Melksham,  Ambrose,  Merrett,

Hardingham, Daniher, Dell'Olio,

INT NOB, Kommer  Kav Pears

a dogs u25 team

Wood Roughhead johansen

Young Talia jong

Macrae libba Stevens

Campbell Wallis Dalhause

Stringer Jones Smith

Hunter Cramerie Cordy

grant tutt honeychurch Hrovat

they went 23 and under - which rules out guys like Hurley/zaharakis/hibberd etc

I don't recall seeing him train today I don't think he was there now that you mention it.

I found Blitz by Googling "Leroy Jetta Contract"

Found benfti's thread:

"If Jetta is traded"

His first post: "I will burn down the joint."

Later changed to "Leroy Jetta is all kinds of awesome" in 2012 when he was good.

Since fallen off the grid.... just like Leroy

KAV! was mentioned!

Yes its interesting that seconds can separate a good player from a VFL player.  Kav took two seconds too long to get rid of the ball, Chapman was brilliant at snapping for goal because he gets the ball onto his boot quicker than anyone.

I reckon if everyhting aligns in the 2nd half the year he can make it, still vividly remember his quick hands during freo last year, pivotal in the turnaround goals.

Did he kick it???
I gots to know.

That's a Dirty Harry line isn't it. Well in all the excitement I can't remember if he kicked it or not. Are you feeling lucky? Are you punk?
A mans got ta know his limitations, Jackie.
I know what you're thinking, punk. Did we kick six goals, or only five. Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement.

Did he kick it???

I gots to know.

Yeah Myers kicked it, Chapman kicked a couple and Ryder kicked 3 as if Corrigan was a pesky little fly. Myers could be heard saying, "this drill is really fun" or something like that.

You found a Dogs fan.
Well done you

I don't recall seeing him train today I don't think he was there now that you mention it.

Doc's injury update on the club site said he has a calf strain and will be out for 3 weeks (from memory)