Training Wednesday March 27

How were they moving? Did they move with lots of speed and zip?

Medical Test 1: Run 5 laps, bench press 100kg 3 x 5 times and get up from 10 tackles in under an hour.
Medical Test 4: Walk through the clubs front door without any major medical assistance, no time limit.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™s passed this one yet.

3 Likes

Yeah mate they moved with zip, good energy

2 Likes

No No No No No

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Iā€™m not going to believe.

3 Likes

Thank fark we are still awesome against ourselves.

All is not lost.

19 Likes

I so read that as we played with ourselves.

So an easy 10 goal win by Essington over Essendon

That would be just like Essington, to come out and get an upset victory over an awesome Essendon side.

2 Likes

Having a rest last weekend has worked wonders.

44 Likes

Thatā€™s the St Kilda game plan!

Is Nick dal Santo back at St Kilda in some sort of small capacity?

2 Likes

Does ā€˜The Cageā€™ still make an appearance for training?

2 Likes

We had better not serve up the same manure this week & beyond or else Iā€™m organising a good divorce lawyer & my relationship with the bombers will be over. I have been considering cheating on her with another team for a while.
Every time I have thought about it though I feel dirty and I decide Iā€™d be best to do the good Christian thing and stay together.
These bastards better meet the contract or itā€™s death do us part- without the death*

• perhaps
2 Likes

High pressure match sim at training is about the equivalent of the pressure level of junk time in a jlt pre season game.

1 Like

Training report on Facebook suggests Zerk might be an in.

3 Likes

Unless it was mouthguards in is still just circle work really

which page on facebook?

Thanks Begbie great work.

1 Like

I thought it was a very flat training session today. When they first went out there were a few cries of ā€œcultureā€,ā€œenergyā€, ā€œWeā€™re not the Moonee Impsā€ (if I heard correctly). The atmosphere was very different to a few weeks ago where they appeared polished and united in their outlook.

There was a bit of scragging in the match play but it was pretty tame really. I suspect many players are concerned with their spot in the side but the coach doesnā€™t give the impression he will make a lot of changes.

Merrett seemed very subdued and basically trained with the seconds. I love him as a player but he should be dropped this week - he hardly set an example as vice captain.

Hooker and Begley joined in a lot of the match play which was pleasing.

The group I was standing with all agree that there is something major wrong at the club but we canā€™t put our finger on it.

To finish on a bright note Mozzie trained today and his ground ball skills were excellent. A one handed pick up under pressure and a snapped goal. On another occasion when under pressure from behind he tapped the ball ahead of his and showed enough pace IN TWO STEPS to break away and scoop the ball up. We are going to enjoy watching his career.

43 Likes