Training - Wednesday, VI.II.MMXIX

My tactical knowledge is not flash, but the problems I saw were more a problem with the kicker than the leader. Laverde in one case, led straight at the kicker, who kicked it straight over his head.

I find it easier to evaluate during proper matchplay, and even better in games.

The output isn’t quite matching the effort at the moment. Hopefully it picks up when games come along.

3 Likes

Darren is responsible for any poor skills from Eastern Ranges players

Connor was in the full ground drills, seemed to go okay, moved reasonably well.

17 Likes

I predominantly hate my job but at least I am compensated for it. Keep up the teaching mate. I did two years of the secondary high school teaching course at Syd Uni back in the day. Then dad got sick so I moved home. The rest is history! We need more good teachers, especially those that can influence kids - make em Bombers fans :wink:

12 Likes

That’s good to hear!

1 Like

Finally got some blood into his Guinness stream.

4 Likes

I actually found it easier to judge the depth of the kick if the player was leading even slightly off-centre.

ducks well-deserved rotten tomatoes

1 Like

Roger that. X-IV

2 Likes

“I hope we can retain him”

I hope so too after he shows he can be a regular in our best 22

We need a “Best XXII” thread now, surely…

Pick 22 players and just have them Roman the flanks, I say.

17 Likes

Why would he want to go anywhere else?
Thanks for the training report, it is much appreciated. l will be very interested to see them training for the new 6-6-6 format, and see how that affects set ups, etc. Too early yet, l know.

I recently watched a few of our games towards the end of season and the biggest issue was our disposal. Haven’t heard a report that assures me that this has improved.

3 Likes

But what have the Romans ever done for us?

6 Likes

Errare humanum est.

1 Like

surely you meant to write:

1 Like

Don’t call me Shirley!

1 Like

I think it’s worse than that. Plenty of errors that are metres off the target. Multiple times a qtr of errors straight to the opposition, not slight errors that are turning an uncontested mark into a contest.

1 Like

A smokey for the rising star?

67 Likes
1 Like