Transition Defence - what went wrong vs Port?

I know a few ladies who’d love a couple of Johnsons

3 Likes

Although I find him rather numerous in other threads.

Well that is certainly true :joy: :joy:

Frighteningly numerous.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Farking auto correct

Humorous as well

1 Like

Donnington I can handle but this John1 guy is a flog

Is it?

All the coaching talk has been of bringing the Richmond style, ie turnover based footy rather than trying to dominate the clearance

if Damien Hardwick said hypothetically I want every Richmond player run through a brick wall ,they would do it, with without any hesitation, if you said that to our players they would say I might broken nail, parish soft ,Zach Merrett soft shiel soft smith unknown, Langford unknown

The only way we can play Richmond’s game plan, if we bring half the Richmond players to implement that plan

not just ladies…

3 Likes

This @John1 is really making his mark — and he hasn’t been here a full year yet ! June 12 last year he joined.

Fair play to him — despite his lack of experience he’s already a complete expert in derailing threads. Play the kids, eh !

Only problem is, he doesn’t post often enough: maybe he doesn’t have the stamina yet. But he’ll get there. I reckon they’ll make him a moderator before Christmas.

3 Likes

yep pretty much it.
if you watch the hebatron youtube videos, where you see 2 years worth of the same ■■■■ wrapped up in 4 mins, it just puts it into perspective how bad we are and are not getting any better.

We have nailed the turnover part but not in the good way.

1 Like

You have somewhere to give rutten video of the game tonight Collingwood v Brisbane lions,the backline was set up old fashioned ,Backman Manning up the forwards,none of the teams use Guarding the space in the back line, like that clues idiot rutten use against Port Adelaide

I actually live on the same street as him, you want to send me the VHS and ill make sure he gets it

3 Likes

Guarding of space seems to be going out of the game . As soon as an opponent marks the ball the player cannot guard the space near him. The umpire glues him to the spot. Advantage is given to the player, who can play on, handball to a player running past or forward, only after the umpire calls play on can he move. This is causing defenders to play man on man to be able to make a contest.

Surely rutten after reviewing a game of Port Adelaide! Rutten would have realised that he was not up to being a senior coach of any football ,and he should resign if you had any decency, you think Rutten would say to himself next time we goes in state we will change our game plan so we don’t served up on a silver tray a win for the opposition and don’t act like witches hats

You should apply for the Job @John1
You seem to have coaching AFL down pat

With a view towards hope,

It would be great to see a similar breakdown of what we did well.

not really, the good teams are still doing it, they can also play one on one better though.

Ironically all the rule changes to create a better visual experience and recreate the feel of the 80’2 and 90’s big scoring, the teams up the top seem to be able to adapt to them with somewhat ease.

All that seems to have happened is teams have move their zone back 10 -15 meters to allow for that extra 5-10 meters off the mark players with the ball get.

This is obviously relative to when they get the opportunity to set it up.

1 Like

I thought to do that, but it’s obviously hard to find those moments on the replay easily (as it’s pretty easy on Kayo to find when goals are kicked)

If you can think of any particular moments in the game, I’m happy to have a look

1 Like