Travel Thread

Which Swiss Pass did you get?

8 day 1st class Swiss travel pass. After just the Zurich-Zermatt plus Glacier Express it has almost paid for itself and with atleast 3 other trips required we will be well infront. The travel pass also gives free local transports on trains, buses and boats aswell as discounted or free fares on many of the cogwheel trains or cable cars. You also get free entry to hundreds of museums.

1 Like

In Oslo, Norway at the moment. Had no idea how beautiful it would be. Beautiful weather as well.

2 Likes

Beautiful part of the world. Are you heading north?

1 Like

Don’t bypass Kyoto and Kobe (between Tokyo and Osaka)

1 Like

Spent a few days in Malta last month after Greece.
Reckon it’s a great diversion for anyone planning a trip to Europe

1 Like

Yes. Many years ago but loved it. Fantastic scenery.

1 Like

Oslo’s a great place! A lovely, organised, compact city with beautiful surrounding countryside.
You going to do the zipline down the old ski-jump? Costs about 100 AUD from memory…

1 Like

Yep! In Visby, Sweden today. Helsinki tomorrow and then Russia.

Poland, Latvia and Lithuania on the way back!

Very interesting part of the world!

Didn’t get a chance to, visiting as part of a cruise so only get the opportunity to target a few things to do. It is lovely though. Would love to go back.

Shame you’re not in Helsinki long enough to hop on the ferry over to Estonia. Tallin is quite lovely!

2 Likes

Anyone been to Colombia?

@cassiesainsbury

2 Likes

Yep, and it is a lovely place to visit.

Cartagena is lively and lots of fun.

1 Like

Yes, and it is my favourite country in the Americas. Colombians are incredibly welcoming.

Yes, spent 3 weeks there in late 2016 through mainly Bogota, Cartagena, and Medellin. It’s great.

No, but a good friend was robbed at gunpoint there. Lost everything (backpack, camera, laptop, passport etc.) bar the clothes she had on and a hundred or so US dollars which she had stashed in her shoes. You can imagine what fun that was to sort out…
Don’t let that put you off though… I don’t imagine that’s your typical Colombian experience :slight_smile:

Thanks folks

Sounds an experience almost as bad as watching Essendon play Carlton each year

yeah, I’m ok for head phones!

1 Like